Pathfinder 1E What's available (Golarion)

James Jacobs

Adventurer
Not to be a total Paizo shill, but very volume of the Pathfinder Adventure Paths has articles and expansions on Golarion as well, beyond the content of the adventure itself (which takes up only about half of the whole). We've put a LOT of regional gazetteers, monster ecology style articles, deity discussions, city gazeteers, and a LOT of new monsters in there.

We're up to #39 for this line, so that more or less equates to about 1,500 more pages of world material out there... mwa ha ha.

DragonLancer

Adventurer
Not to be a total Paizo shill, but very volume of the Pathfinder Adventure Paths has articles and expansions on Golarion as well, beyond the content of the adventure itself (which takes up only about half of the whole). We've put a LOT of regional gazetteers, monster ecology style articles, deity discussions, city gazeteers, and a LOT of new monsters in there.

We're up to #39 for this line, so that more or less equates to about 1,500 more pages of world material out there... mwa ha ha.

Absolutely, but I want to grab all the above material first then I'll start backtracking down the other publications.

Psychotic Jim

First Post
The Pathfinder Chronicles NPC guide (which may quality as a 'monster book' in that it has plenty of NPC statblocks) details a number of interesting characters from different places on Golarion. I don't play on that world so I can't tell if they're real movers or shakers in there or not. There are statistics and brief descriptions for many nameless, archetypical NPCs too.

The "Classic Treasures Revisited" book has sections on the different treasures in Golarion, but doesn't seem to just be a Golarion book (a lot of it is world neutral).

crazy_cat

Adventurer
Absolutely, but I want to grab all the above material first then I'll start backtracking down the other publications.
Quick question for you if I may, since you're aslo in Cambridge.

Where do you pick up your Pathfinder and Paizo stuff, is there anywhere local (or nearer than London or Mail order) that stocks their products?

Personally, I subscribe to the AP, Chronicles, and RPG lines direct from Paizo - but I'm interested to know if any stores nearby actually carry this stuff. I asked in Inner Sanctum a good while ago and questions about Pathfinder drew a complete blank or at best a 'nobody plays that so we don't stock it' so I haven't really been that interested in going back since as I'm not buying that much new other RPG stuff these days anyway.

DragonLancer

Adventurer
Quick question for you if I may, since you're aslo in Cambridge.

Where do you pick up your Pathfinder and Paizo stuff, is there anywhere local (or nearer than London or Mail order) that stocks their products?

I live in St. Neot's which is a few miles outside Cambridge and we have a small games store (and mainly bike shop oddly) which used to sell RPG material but which now just stocks Warhammer, Magic and boardgames. Though they do orders so RPG materials can still be got. I however, order online from Leisure Games for most of my roleplaying stuff now.

I've been over to Inner Sanctum a couple times and while they are hugely stocked, I've never felt wanted in there (staff always seem a bit off).

Voadam

Legend
Note that the existing campaign setting hardback is 3.5 for all the feats and stuff and they will be coming out with a new one that uses the pathfinder rules. Same thing for the 64 page gazetteer.

Noir le Lotus

First Post
I think you should include the Classic Revisited books (Monsters, Horrors, Treasures, etc ...) as they give informations related to those subjects in Golarion.

Remove ads