• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What's going on in Taos?

cuteasaurus

First Post
I thought that since we have some time between now and the next session, perhaps we could "hash out" our observations and figure out if we could come up with some theories on what's going on in the game.

I'll start: 1) we have creepy dr who avoids sunlight (he's a vampire ;))
2) We have twin Mexican "priests." The one who was shot before we left on the stagecoach had rougher hands than I'd expect from the clergy...and the man who shot him said he killed him for stealing horses (unlikely to be true). The 12 pages he had ended up on the stage and were taken from us by Apaches.
3) The other twin was in the hospital where he was beaten and tortured. He quoted a Bible passage (see the other thread about this).
4) It sounds like he hid the other 12 pages in the Mission.
4) There is a fortune-teller after Wu.
5) The Calvary, Apaches, and Fred's father (or maybe just his men) are in on some "plot" to retrieve these papers.

Other thoughts?

The_Universe

First Post
cuteasaurus said:
I thought that since we have some time between now and the next session, perhaps we could "hash out" our observations and figure out if we could come up with some theories on what's going on in the game.

I'll start: 1) we have creepy dr who avoids sunlight (he's a vampire ;))
2) We have twin Mexican "priests." The one who was shot before we left on the stagecoach had rougher hands than I'd expect from the clergy...and the man who shot him said he killed him for stealing horses (unlikely to be true). The 12 pages he had ended up on the stage and were taken from us by Apaches.
3) The other twin was in the hospital where he was beaten and tortured. He quoted a Bible passage (see the other thread about this).
4) It sounds like he hid the other 12 pages in the Mission.
4) There is a fortune-teller after Wu.
5) The Calvary, Apaches, and Fred's father (or maybe just his men) are in on some "plot" to retrieve these papers.

Other thoughts?
It's a total of 12 pages - each twin priest had 6. At the moment, whoever the apaches gave them to have 6, and *you* have 6.

The_Universe

First Post
Other notes from things you heard:

1) The fortune teller has some sort of authority over or pull with Thompson/Thompson's men. He was able to divert resources to looking for the chinese girl from whatever is supposed to be happening at Taos, though his interests are apparently tied up in Taos as well (at least according to Thompson's men).

2) You've found rubbings from a stone carved in ancient hebrew characters apparently contain a passage from the bible referring to the construction and measurements of Solomon's Temple.

3) A frenchman named DeMolay was excavating some sort of stone carvings from Las Lunas, near the border with Mexico as recently as a few weeks ago. DeMolay's name has been mentioned in conjunction with Taos by Captain Parmenter.

4) One of the twin priests was killed by a bounty hunter named Solomon.

5) Mexican mercenaries had taken over a catholic mission, looking for the pages you now possess. Circumstances would hint that they were aware of the connection to the passage in Revelations, since they were also searching beneath "The Root of David." The mission's friar is somehow involved with the mexican mercenaries, who are undoubtedly connected to some other factor.

6) You encountered giant wolves in the wilderness on the way to Tezeque. Other than their size, they seem relatively normal.

7) The presence of Fr. Martinez (a priest) to avenge the deaths of the twin Ritas strongly hint that they actually *were* priests.

8) There are 12 pages that have proven important. 12 divided by 2 (the number of twins) is 6. Or, 6+6. There were 36 Apaches in the party that captured you. 36 divided by 6 is 6.

666. Coincidence? Yes. This has nothing to do with anything. I was just laughing about how silly the "science" of Numerology is.

Last edited:

The_Universe

First Post
cuteasaurus said:
Right. Oops. :eek:
That's ok - it was probably my bad. The important thing (that you correctly identified) is that you have some pages, and someone else has some pages - and apparently, someone needs *all* the pages to do something.

cuteasaurus

First Post
And we know that the Calvary is planning on taking the pages from the Apaches? Do we have any timeframe for when that is going to happen?

The_Universe

First Post
cuteasaurus said:
And we know that the Calvary is planning on taking the pages from the Apaches? Do we have any timeframe for when that is going to happen?
That happened "last night" if it happened at all. That's when Parmenter said it would go down.

cuteasaurus

First Post
Do we "know" that we have the pages? In other words, can we assume that the game session ended right after we all met up again and he (or Keaton) told us we got them?

The_Universe

First Post
cuteasaurus said:
Do we "know" that we have the pages? In other words, can we assume that the game session ended right after we all met up again and he (or Keaton) told us we got them?
Either the previous session ended with that information, or the next will begin with it. So, for all intents and purposes, you know.

Remove ads