• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What's more important for a Magus, STR or INT?

Personally I see the Magus as more of a spellcasting fighter than a fighting wizard, so in my opinion I would go with a higher strength and avoid using spells that require a save.

Steel_Wind

Legend
Personally I see the Magus as more of a spellcasting fighter than a fighting wizard, so in my opinion I would go with a higher strength and avoid using spells that require a save.

Exactly.

I would agree that is the intent of the class. If you want to be primarily a wizard who also has access to some kick-ass armor and melee attacks, the class for that approach is the Eldritch Knight prestige class. With the Magical Knack background trait selected, an Eldritch Knight (Wiz 6/Ftr1/EK** will mop the floor with the same level/ equipped "spell using" Magus, almost every time.

A Magus is a fighter first, spell user second. I would go strength over int, generally speaking, when forced to make a choice.

It's always nice to have both, mind you :)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads