• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What's the best spell to take Santa out of the sky?

Kahuna Burger

First Post
Nonlethal Force said:
Whilst I don't appreciate the opening joke about wives ...

Who needs a spell when you can disbelieve as a free action simply by studying him?
yeah, "will disbelieve" was my first thought as well...

And I'd call it a troll not a joke.

Lanefan

Victoria Rules
Wall of Force - love this idea, but a bit messy... :) Some of the various Bigby's Hand spells could do the same thing, only messier; and either idea is likely to break the bag and most if not all of the toys inside either on the initial impact or the resulting fall.

However, I'm an adventurer. I want to find a way to scoop the loot! And, better yet if Santa and the reindeer can survive so we can do this again next year! So, let's wait till he lands on a rooftop and goes down a chimney, then:

= Hold Monster on each reindeer;
= Wall of Force over the chimney top (in 3.0 at least, the wall did not have to be vertical);
= Wizard Lock the doors and windows;
= move in and cut the traces before the Hold Monsters wear off (the reindeer will fly off and eventually make their way home);
= plunder at will, making sure to be well away from the scene before the Wall of Force expires.

Lanefan

zypherillius

First Post
taking out of the sky?

the question is a bit vague according to the answers as of yet.

if hes in the sky, wall of force gets the job done, but really kinda lacks pinnash. youd probably have to do a solid fog cloud followed up by a giant reverse gravity in a time stop with an illusionary wall in front of a prismatic wall on top of the solid fog cloud. then after he makes it through the prismatic wall you could gate him into a bottomless hole trap with gates at either end that transport him to the other side so he falls forever. after you scry him for the appropriate amount of time so you know where hes gonna be right before you time stop through your maximized metamagic rod.

if you want to keep him from getting into the sky, id just it him with an evards black tenticles when hes on a roof, then following round another one with permenancy. hes not going anywhere either way, and everything will be crushed from bludgoning damage. yay escape artist.

Remove ads