• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What's the collective noun for roleplayers?

Zander

Explorer
How about a dice-bag?

Or a table?

"Table" would help to distinguish pen 'n' pencil gamers from LARPers. Perhaps the collective noun for LARPers could be "action", "company" or "boffer".

Agback

Explorer
Hairfoot said:
Geese got gaggles.

Indeed. I think that is apt.

Have you ever seen the movie Sneakers? There is a bit where Robert Redford's character is trying to retrace by sound a route he was taken blindfolded, and comes to a bit where he expected to see a cocktail party.

hagor

First Post
Zander said:
How about a dice-bag?

Or a table?

"Table" would help to distinguish pen 'n' pencil gamers from LARPers. Perhaps the collective noun for LARPers could be "action", "company" or "boffer".

Nice suggestions.

I'd prefer a dice pool, or shorter, a pool of gamers, though.

Hagor

irdeggman

First Post
Aaron L said:
Wouldnt that be individual instead of collective though?

Not disputing its validity, of course. :)

"A group of 5 gamer geeks forms a stink."

Isn't geeks the plural of geek and hence referes to more than one already. Fish is more that one fish and fishes are more than one type of fish, hence geeks would be the group and geekses (possibly geekii) would be groups of more than one type of geek (as in D&D geeks, D20Modern geeks, Vampire geeks, etc.)

And darn you Jürgen Hubert you beat me to the post.

Remove ads