• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What's the most broken PC you've ever seen?

KnowTheToe

First Post
For me personally, it was a PC who used a ghost template in a low level game. Having to deal with him turning Incorporeal at will was nealry impossible to deal with.

kenobi65

First Post
Mallus said:
Unless you throw a grenade at his general vacinity... or use a nice gun + True Strike.

Well, yes, he was glass-jawed -- after all, he was only 1st level. :D

But, he was an extreme example of one of the flaws of Dragonstar...tech could be used to get outrageous roll modifiers (both attacks and skills), and do outrageous damage. The potential for "boom, you're dead" scenarios -- even for higher-level characters -- was pretty high, IMO.

reanjr

First Post
Cyberzombie said:
Note: you don't need to respond to the following comment. Enough flamewars have happened on the subject. I wasn't involved in them, so I will just say: I don't see how Harm suddenly became a problem in 3e when it never was before.

There. I said it. Please ignore this now and get on with the rest of the thread. :)

But you see, in 2nd edition... ;)

reanjr

First Post
hong said:
Chances are that the people who seriously consider playing a hulking hurler are also the people who tend to play in CRPG-mode, where carrying around 5 suits of plate mail, 10 swords, 5 bows, 999 arrows, 20 potions and a torch is considered normal.

(The torch is because, d00d, this is a roleplaying game, come on.)

That reminds me. In a recent session, the players were fighting something (I don't recall what) that a torch would have been VERY useful for. I even suggested it to them. No one had a torch. Not a single person. Everyone in the party had low-light/darkvision. They didn't see a use for it. I'm like, come on, this is D&D, you don't have a torch? It doesn't matter if you can see in the dark, you still carry at least a couple torches...

Kae'Yoss

First Post
LiKral said:
8th level Wizard/Alienist, 3.5 ed
The pseudonatural template (applied to all the Alienist's summons)

Only celestial or fiendish. And those bees don't deal "significant" con damage. It's 1d4. And the DC is only 11. So you're better off with the spell "Poison", which has 1d10 with a better DC.

Ravellion

serves Gnome Master
LA+0 Orc Barbarian/Fighter/Ranger/Tribal protector (3.0). Rolled 2 18s and a 16 or something like that. 3 Full attacks with 30 - 31 str at 6th level (Rage and Bull's strength, raised from 23 natural...

sickening. Had a decent will save too oddly enough (Only Int and Cha were under 12).

Rav

Drakeskull

First Post
Frenzyed berserker

Ok take an epic level Frenzyed berserker With leap attack. Pryor to combat cast true strike via ring of spell storing the dire charge powerattacking for 15. and your going to have a hard time stopping them with anyclass unless you have a calm emotions handy, and hope that they didnt get smart and sink some stuff into that will save.
hmm I bet wotc didnt think about anyone taking warhulk epicly either then your class attack bonus doesnt matter and thats alot of str over 10 levels.

BAW

First Post
Broken PC

Well, this was something I heard about (in 3.0).
A high level caster with gate and a flying carpet would go into a city with the party and demand a large amount of money from the folks there. Otherwise, bad things would happen.

What he meant was that if the money wasn't delivered he'd fly up high into the sky and Gate in a Tarrasque above the city. The resulting falling Tarrasque would have the effect of a small nuke-wiping out the city. The tarrasque even with thousands of negative hitpoints would not die. So rinse and repeat.

Remove ads