• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What's the most expensive RPG product you've bought?

What's the most expensive RPG product you've bought?

• $1-$20

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • $21-$50

Votes: 11 8.7%
  • $51-$100

Votes: 31 24.4%
  • $101-$200

Votes: 47 37.0%
  • $201-$500

Votes: 21 16.5%
  • $501-$1000

Votes: 8 6.3%
  • $1001-$5000

Votes: 7 5.5%
  • $5001+

Votes: 2 1.6%

R_J_K75

Legend
I know Ive spent quite a bit on some out of print boxed sets, books and minis over the years but nothing over $100 USD that I can recall. As far as I can remember brand new single product was the original Ptolus in 2006.

Beadle and Grimm's Silver edition of Ghosts of Saltmarsh would be the most I've ever spent on a single product. Runner-up would be the deluxe re-release of OD&D Wizards put out a few years ago.

Sacrosanct

Legend
I imagine with COVID lockdowns, we are seeing a lot more $100+ purchases from people who are buying the book packages on platforms like roll20 or D&Dbeyond.

Cadence

Legend
Supporter
Don't remember the exact price, but want to say $75 for the 1st printing of Deities and Demigods several years ago.

Ath-kethin

Elder Thing
I backed the Astonishing Swordsmen and Sorcerers of Hyperboria 2e game at the PDF level (which was $15 IIRC), then after it was done realized just how foolish that was and spent another $100+ on a hardcopy of the book.

I spent $169 or so on the Altar Quest boardgame, which I feel counts mostly because I'm trying to fill my HeroQuest Jones with it.

But I feel I'm small potatoes in this crowd :)

Fenris-77

Small God of the Dozens
Supporter
If I set aside Miniature purchases (damn you Forgeworld!) then the most expensive single RPG book I've ever purchased would be the pre-release copy of Swords of the Serpentine I bought a couple of weeks ago. The book itself is reasonable for a hardback, but after shipping to the godforsaken place I live it was like $90 CDN. A small price to pay though, for what is currently my favorite game.

Remove ads