• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What's with the sexy githyanki?

Emil

First Post
I'm actually surprised at how little the Gith have changed in look from the original AD&D Fiend Folio. (compared to things like halflings, kobolds, elves, tieflings, etc)

Quantarum

First Post
Doug McCrae said:
The 4e githyanki did get prettified and softened a bit, definitely a sex up on 3e. I actually found the 3e githyanki sexy though. Does that mean I'm sick? You what they say - you can never be too rich or too thin.

Yeah, jaundiced and anorexic, just the way I like my booty calls... we are sick! MEDIC!

-Q.

Wormwood

Adventurer
Emil said:
I'm actually surprised at how little the Gith have changed in look from the original AD&D Fiend Folio. (compared to things like halflings, kobolds, elves, tieflings, etc)
If it ain't broke . . .

Voadam

Legend
Emil said:

I always thought that with the exception of 3e's sloping elongated forehead for certain elves the depiction of elves stayed fairly similar through editions: shorter, generally slimmer people with pointed ears.

Baron Opal

First Post
sckeener said:
I'm a Gith lover...but that picture does nothing for me...

probably because it is a red head. I just don't find red heads sexy.

Blasphemer!

Actually, I think you are the first gamer I've known who has ever uttered that statement. Most gamers I've come across are attracted to red hair, with a passing few neutral. I always thought it was a genetic linkage: gamer => attracted to red hair.

Wolfspider

Explorer
Baron Opal said:
Blasphemer!

Actually, I think you are the first gamer I've known who has ever uttered that statement. Most gamers I've come across are attracted to red hair, with a passing few neutral. I always thought it was a genetic linkage: gamer => attracted to red hair.

Hmm. Wonder if there is a gentic link?

BiggusGeekus

That's Latin for "cool"
sckeener said:
I'm a Gith lover...but that picture does nothing for me...

probably because it is a red head. I just don't find red heads sexy.

For me its the claws, lack of nose, and sociopathic nature. Maybe my standards are too high.

"No nose? How does she smell?"
"Awful!"

Wakka-wakka-wakka! I'll be here all week folks, don't forget to tip your waitstaff!

... anyway, I don't buy the "sex sells" argument. Hey, I'll be the first to say that a great cover will get people to notice a book and therefore increase the chance it gets purchased. But look at the top ten or even top twenty RPG book sales.

If cover bunnies sold books, Avalanche Press would still be publishing RPGs.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads