• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What's your campaign theme?

ender_wiggin

First Post
I give my players choices to make that ultimately mold the game's theme.

For example, at the climax of the story a character may have to choose to learn a hoard of secrets kept hidden for several millenia to save a dying race, at the cost of the lives of his closest companions and loved one.

Shemeska

Adventurer
Everything is a shade of Gray

"For the thing that I have greatly feared has come
upon me. And what I have dreaded has happened to me.
I am not at ease, nor am I quiet; I have no rest, for
trouble comes." Job 3:25,26

But if I wanted to be less literary about it all, I'd say that my previous campaign revolved around the question, "So tell me, what is it you want? (For that is the question which drives us)."

And perhaps a lighter, more humorous look at the overall theme might be something along the lines of "Don't trust fiends, regardless of circumstance, regardless of necessary evils, and regardless of whether they're smiling when they lie to you."

Last edited:

ThirdWizard

First Post
I guess the most apparent theme in my campaign is:

Take the concept of "The Evil You Know versus the Evil You Don't." Which is worse? Which is safer to deal with? The PCs deal with all sorts of evil. When choosing between two evils, which choice is better?

amazingshafeman

First Post
I'm planning on running a campaign coming up where each subsequent adventuring party the characters run sees them sorting out the chaotic ball of yarn that the planes have become. After one party manages to disentangle a plane we move on to another group in the same world and do the same thing. If I manage it right, it will all be the player's ideas, and they won't even notice til they've seperated the 3rd or 4th plane. :] Definitely a long term plan, here.....

Sound of Azure

Contemplative Soul
My last campaign's theme was "what is the meaning of loyalty? what is duty? can anyone be redeemed by love?".

For one character, his theme was "why is my horse so god-damn evil?" :p

Nifft

Penguin Herder
The nature of humanity, divinity, history and magic.

Questions:
- What are demons?
- What are gods?
- What happened to the First Empire?
- Why are Angels attacking the Paladin?

-- N

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads