What's your exercise routine?

Azurewraith

Explorer
I walk to work around 20mins each way one way all up hill and then work typically involves lifting and hauling heavy objects while running around like my rear is on fire.

Libramarian

Adventurer
Every morning about 45 minute workout - it has not been enough but just started 3 months ago. I cannot stand to workout, it is so freaking boring but keep going because I need to. Been depressed about if because I have not seen a lot of results.
  • 20 mins - cycle
  • 15 mins - various weight machines
  • 10 mins - treadmill
Tried a kettle ball workout, it kicked my butt, was unable to stand for three days after it, which tells me I need to up my routine. Going to start to increase my time on the treadmill.

What kind of results are you looking for? If it's weight loss, diet is most important for that. Exercise has been shown repeatedly to not be effective for weight loss, probably because it makes people hungry so they just eat back the calories burned over their next couple of meals.

Hand of Evil

Hero
Epic
What kind of results are you looking for? If it's weight loss, diet is most important for that. Exercise has been shown repeatedly to not be effective for weight loss, probably because it makes people hungry so they just eat back the calories burned over their next couple of meals.
Doing the diet too. It has just been eight pounds, blood pressure is 90/68, A1C 7 (with drugs). Just thought I would have lost more...belly fat...

I joke about it, saying it took 30 years to gain it, it is going to take 30 to loose it. :)

As I said, just need to increase the workout and my walking.

I used to do a lot of martial arts, running, and regular gym workouts. But due to illness had to lay off those things. Now I do some basic weight lifting each morning (mostly with lighter 20-25 pound weights). I also still do step punching exercises and have a heavy bag out back I use on occasion.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member

Exercise ensures that when you lose the weight through diet, you don’t look like a skeleton.

thehrrf

First Post
It's important to differentiate between weight loss and fat loss, unless you're well into the obese range to start out then the gym will probably put on the pounds but they're good pounds. Along the same vein, losing muscle mass on a low calorie diet isn't doing your health any benefit.

I don't endorse dieting unless you're gigantic.

Lpelmond

First Post
3-4 times per week at the gym (15 min cardio, 50 min weightlifting, 10 min cardio, stretching)
Also I visit dance classes and walk circa 12 km per day

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Used to be a weight-room rat, now I'm not. Used to bycycle daily, but now I don't own one. Used to swim a lot, now I don't. Used to play volleyball at a high level of proficiency, but not these days.

Now I am a man of some substance...

Remove ads