• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What's your favorite inexpensive wine?

Chaldfont

First Post
You can get great deals on wine these days. There are some wonderful wines from Chile and Australia that are very inexpensive.

I'm digging Montes from Chile right now. We used to buy a lot of Gabbiano Chianti and Red Tail until we got tired of it.

What's your favorite deal? Keep it under the arbitrarily selected price limit of 12USD

HellHound

ENnies winner and NOT Scrappy Doo
Jesus_marley said:
whats really funny is that I have found the 600 dollar bottle of wine doesn't necessarily taste any better than the 12 dollar bottle.

Unless you are a serious wine drinker, you won't catch the nuances of the 600 bottle - and quite likely won't appreciate the ones you do note.

Personally, I'm not a serious wine drinker. I buy YellowTail Chiraz and Bin 555 Chiraz when entertaining (both are good cheap Chiraz, and people who know nothing about wine will notice the excellent taste and spiciness).

I'm a serious Irish Whiskey drinker. So I notice the nuances in different years of single malts, different woods they've been aged in and so on. But for the average drinker, the extra $40-400 for a superb bottle is basically wasted.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads