• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Whats your favorite/most played race(s)?

Which is your favorite(s)?(multiple choice is enabled)

• Human

Votes: 76 60.8%
  • Elf

Votes: 28 22.4%
  • Half-Elf

Votes: 18 14.4%
  • Halfling

Votes: 10 8.0%
  • Dwarf

Votes: 27 21.6%
  • Gnome

Votes: 12 9.6%
  • Half-Orc

Votes: 15 12.0%
  • Aasimar

Votes: 14 11.2%
  • Tiefling

Votes: 11 8.8%
  • Other(post)

Votes: 7 5.6%

Psychotic Jim

First Post
Humans, aasimars, tieflings, and kobolds. Humans because of variety. Same with aasimars and tieflings mixed with a bit of mystery and otherworldliness that the core races don't seem to have.

Kobolds because they are cunning, repitilian and are willing to work together. Plus, they are the true descendants of dragons, but the rest of the world won't believe that. I imagine in the golden age of kobolds a powerful wide-spanning theocracy that worshipped the dragon gods of old and at the same time espoused the greatness of every kobold. It's also somewhat humorous that the kobolds have evolved into the exact opposite of what dragons are.

Viktyr Gehrig

First Post
Human, Half Orc, every kind of Planetouched, and Githzerai.

Now that I've got 3e stats for them, I'm going to start playing Half Ogres again, too.

00durrin

First Post
is there a book that shows races and their ECL's along with what ability score adjustments they would have if they were player characters? the monster manual only does that for elves and such, not for other races (though i'm sure you can tell by looking at stat blocks in the MM it's annoying to try and figure out why sometimes they have 10 and sometimes they have 11 for average stats)
btw, my favorite is halfling because they are fun to roleplay and you abilities as a player are respected if you do the same amount (or more) with less

Gez

First Post
I like the folks that are half my own size, gnomes and halflings. Maybe something about traumatism from travel in cramped trains. Plus it's useful to hide, and to crawl through little holes. And everyone underestimates you, which is nigh always useful.

I like kobolds and goblins too. Especially the blues, the psionic goblins from the PsiHB.

Also voted humans. They are the most commonly played. And the PC of mine I'm the most fond of is a human.

Gothmog

First Post
Humans and dwarves for me. I have always had a soft spot for dwarves for some reason, and I have been playing a dwarven fighter/wizard (diviner) who is a blast to play. For some reason, I also really dislike elves of all varities- probably just the dwarf in me. :D

Soldarin

First Post
I love to play Liches, but I tend to make do with Humans instead. Humans are fun, especially when you get into the cultures avaible in the world you play in (for instance Svimozh or Kalamaran in KoK).

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads