• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What's your favorite Mythological/Fantasy creature or person?

Peterson

First Post
Hey fellow ENWorlders,

I got into a discussion with a good bud of mine, and we start talking about common/favorite mythological/fantasy creatures (or specific people).

Now, I'm wondering - what are yours?

Peterson

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
Zhu Bajie was always a favourite character (followed closely by Sun Wukong of course), I like his irreverance and hedonism

Tafaki was always an inspirational character with an extensive myth cycle across polynesia (I wrote a thesis on him once and drew parallels to Superman)

Last edited:

Eternalknight

First Post
I have always been fascinated with dragons.

Also love the story of King Arthur.

I know both of those are very mainstream, but they are my two favourites.

Voadam

Legend
Humbaba, guardian of the cedar forests of Lebanon in the epic of Gilgamesh.

As a kid I had a book of monsters and the human half of Humbaba in the illustration looked like my grandfather. :)

The Shaman

First Post
The man whose name was known for courage,
the Geat leader, resolute in his helmet,
answered in return: "We are retainers
from Hygelac's band. Beowulf is my name."

Samloyal23

Adventurer
Odin is deep... Imagine being the god responsible for the cascade of events that will lead to the destruction of the multiverse because of your own greed and immaturity. Guilt much? The blood drinks his dinner every night having lost his appetite millenia ago, how many bubbering gods do you know that react that way to their mistakes? Do you think sodding Zeus loses sleep over denying us fire or forcing himself on so many mortals? As if! Odin is a sensitive, complex intellectual desperate to forestall the inevitable consequences of the tragic mistakes of his youth...

Haltherrion

First Post
Eternalknight said:
I have always been fascinated with dragons.

Also love the story of King Arthur.

I know both of those are very mainstream, but they are my two favourites.

Here! Here! Nothing wrong with the old favorites :D They are the top of my list as well followed by lots of other classic critters.

The thing I like about King Arthur is the "verge of the dark age" feel. Once did a campaign setting that justified periodic dark ages and set the campaign at the edge of a new one just to run my own King Arthur-ish game :p

Remove ads