• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What's your favorite RPG that you've never actually played?

Argyle King

Legend
Pre-3rd Edition D&D - Unfortunately, growing up in a small rural town during the 'D&D is Satan' era wasn't very conducive to having an interest in or playing rpgs. I still remember saving up money to buy D&D from Toys'R'Us only to go to the store and be told the game was pulled from shelves at the request of parents. I don't know what it is, but something about the presentation and artwork of 2nd Edition speaks to me; I have a few books that were given to me by a friend who no longer wanted them.

Pathfinder - I have an odd relationship with Pathfinder and D&D 4E when I think about it. I play D&D, but struggle to justify to myself and my wallet buying more of the WoTC products. I don't play Pathfinder, but I find myself buying some of their minis and adventures (which I convert into other systems.)

Sammael

Adventurer
Paranoia and Changeling: the Lost.

EDIT: I'd also love to play or run one of Paizo's adventure paths.

Last edited:

I've always wanted to play a game of Werewolf: The Apocalypse. I've always had a soft spot for lycanthropes, and bought the book at an age when I was just getting into RPGs, and saw a big book full of werewolves. I have quite a few books for it, but never have been able to run it.

From what few WoD players I've met, we just really don't have the same sort of interests and playstyle.

RIFTS
Bought a bunch of books and poured thru them. spent two hours building one character. died within a minute. Never touched or gave it a chance again. That was some 10 or more years ago.

MUTANTS & MASTERMINDS
Bought the books, made a few characters. Set up a game with the kids and discovered that it was D20 but not exactly DnD D20. Enough of a difference that we couldn't play it quickly.

Agamon

Adventurer
Finally getting to play Eclipse Phase, so I can strike that from the list.

Dark Heresy, Dread, Agone and Scion lead the way. M&M3e/DCA will soon top the list, but then hopefully will soon leave it, too.

Remove ads