• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What's your favorite RPG that you've never actually played?

Boregar

First Post
In no particular order, games I've never played but would like to...

1. Palladium's After the Bomb (played it in an early incarnation as TMNT and Other Strangeness)

Did I miss something? Was this released as a separate game? I've only ever seen it as a source book for TMNT?

Deepfire

First Post
Let's see, what stands on the shelves and awaits it's destiny:

Blue Planet, Conan, Spacemaster, Cyberspace, Transhuman Space, Pathfinder, TORG, Scarred Lands, Ptolus, Ravenloft, Timemaster, 100s of GURPS worlds, Space 1889(1898?), Hollow World Expedition ...

Retreater

Legend
Did I miss something? Was this released as a separate game? I've only ever seen it as a source book for TMNT?

Yes, a separate game written by Erick Wujcik. After the Bomb® RPG: Palladium Books Online

My understanding is that it is the old TMNT "with the serial numbers filed off." Palladium's license to make TMNT RPGs ended, so they created this generalized version. (According to one of the employees at a GenCon a few years back.)

It has a lot more animals that can serve as base mutations, robots, psionics, and more stuff too, IIRC.

Again, it has the trademark Palladium touch. Which is, IMO, a great setting, cool artwork, but a really counter intuitive combat system.

Retreater

Boregar

First Post
Yes, a separate game written by Erick Wujcik. After the Bomb® RPG: Palladium Books Online

My understanding is that it is the old TMNT "with the serial numbers filed off." Palladium's license to make TMNT RPGs ended, so they created this generalized version. (According to one of the employees at a GenCon a few years back.)

It has a lot more animals that can serve as base mutations, robots, psionics, and more stuff too, IIRC.

Again, it has the trademark Palladium touch. Which is, IMO, a great setting, cool artwork, but a really counter intuitive combat system.

Retreater

Thanks. I might have to take a look at that, as I really enjoyed the setting when I played it (which is worryingly close to 20 years ago now! :eek: )

karlindel

First Post
Here are some that are high on my list to play if I ever get a chance:
Legend of the Five Rings, 4th Edition
Dresden Files RPG
Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay, 3rd Edition

Hmm, so many games, so little time. Besides, since I'm the only DM in the group, it falls to me to run the silly things. I wish we had another DM in the group, that would rock. But so far, that is not to be.

My list is:

Cthulhutech: simply looks awesome, but so far can't get the group on board

L5R: I simply love this setting, and the rules look nice, but I'm afraid to run my players through this, they just don't seem to have the right mindset for this type of game

Rogue Trader: Almost got there, but decided to to star wars instead, otherwise that one would be on my list here instead

Mutants and Masterminds: come on, its SUPER HEROs ... nuff said ;)

-Ashrum

xipetotec

First Post
Dread

I know they are not their own game, but I have never had a chance to PLAY anything in Eberron or Dark Sun and would *love* to as I love the sound of the worlds.

Aegir

First Post
Top of my list would probably be Savage Worlds. Haven't managed to talk my players into trying the system, but I've taken a half step and am converting Sundered Skies to PF to hopefully tempt them.

Beyond that, Space 1889 and Rocketship Empires 1936 both look really cool, and I've heard amazing things about Fading Suns too.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads