• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What's your favorite Superhero movie?

What's your favorite Superhero movie?

Thornir Alekeg

Albatross!
It was a tough choice. I voted Spiderman. It was the one that exceeded my expectations. Have not seen Batman Begins yet, so maybe if I had my vote would change.

Zander

Explorer
I voted for X-Men but the Incredibles and Unbreakable (had it been on the list) were close.

The problem with this kind of poll is that it conflates two things:
1. What superhero movies have you seen?
2. Which did you like best of the ones you've seen?

I've seen most but not all the movies on the list so my vote should be qualified. I don't know whether everyone who voted so far saw every movie on the list. Maybe they did. :eek:

Rackhir

Explorer
The Tick Animated TV series. Technically not a movie as it has never been made into a movie, but it is by far the best superhero adaptation I have ever seen and manages to be even wackier and funnier than the original comic was. So many priceless memories and jokes.

"Hi Tick. I'm your mind. Sorry I haven't been around much, but I'm easily distracted by shinny objects."

""So he says to me, 'You gotta do something smart, baby. Something BIG! He says, 'You wanna be a super villain, right?' And I go yeah, baby, YEAH! YEAH! WHAT DO I GOTTA DO? He says, 'You got bombs, blow up the comet club, it's packed with super heroes, you'll go down in SUPER VILLAIN HISTORY!' And I go yeah, baby, 'cause I'm the Evil Midnight Bomber What Bombs at Midnight! Aaaaaa-hahahahaha!"

"You know, Arthur, when you spend two months riding around on a really
big man, you start to learn a few things about yourself. You learn that
it is a really great thing to stay on Earth and live in a place that has
no arms or legs of its own. And most importantly, Arthur, you learn how
to close your eyes and tell yourself that this just isn't happening to
me."

"YULE TIDE!!!"
</pre>

the Lorax

First Post
Its a hard genre to make a movie for.
A fair number of the movies on that list are good and were enjoyable, I like spectecle, and many of those movies were outstanding from that point of view.

The Incredibles was not only funny, but provided an interesting idea of a world with superheros included into the society of people (and seemed to snatch a bit of ideaology from The Watchmen)

But for my money, one of the most interesting Superhero Movies was Unbreakable.

the Lorax

First Post
Frukathka said:
I'll exclude the Batman movies from this list, because he's not technically a superhjero. I voted for the original Superman movie.

Well, good thing he isn't a "superhjero", but he is a SUPERHERO, and one of the earliest and best known. :D

Zuoken

First Post
My top 5 would look something like:

1. Hellboy
2. Batman Begins
3. Unbreakable
4. Spiderman 2
5. The Crow

1 and 2 are more tied then even right now, but I went with Hellboy since I'm a conspiracy and occult freak. The new Batman was impressive for me but I've never been into the comics, for someone who has, eh, what can I say?

Zander said:
I've seen most but not all the movies on the list so my vote should be qualified. I don't know whether everyone who voted so far saw every movie on the list. Maybe they did. :eek:
That's a good point. Although I have seen all of the ones on the list.

Well, except Catwoman, but from what I've heard of it, it was extremely unlikely to get my vote anyway.

Endur

First Post
Superman: The Movie (1978) - I voted for this one. Historic.
Superman II - Good use of the Phantom Zone.
Batman (1989) - As good as Superman
Batman Returns (1992) - Catwoman was awesome. Penguin was gothic.
Batman Begins (2005) - I have not seen it yet.
X-Men - Captured the feel of the Xmen very well.
X2: X-Men United - Another great Xmen movie.
Spider-Man - Excellent
Spider-Man 2 - I have not seen it yet.
The Hulk - The acting was good, the CGI was ok, the story sucked.
Daredevil - OK, but was missing something.
The Incredibles - I have not seen it yet.
Hellboy - I have not seen it yet.
Blade I, II, or III - The first one was good, the second one was strange, have not seen 3.
Catwoman (2004) - I have not seen it yet (reviews terrified me).

Other Movies
Batman and Robin (1990's): Incredibly corny, too corny.
Batman and Robin (1960's): Great Batman movie from the live action series.
Captain America movies: Very bad movies, bad stories.
Punisher movies: Even worse than the Captain America movies.
Fantastic Four: Have not seen it yet
Electra: Have not seen it yet (reviews terrified me)
Supergirl: Have not seen it yet (reviews terrified me)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads