• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What's your favourite D&D setting of all time?

What's your favourite D&D setting of all time? (Vote for up to 3)

• Birthright

Votes: 39 13.7%
  • Blackmoor

Votes: 7 2.5%
  • Council of Wyrms

Votes: 3 1.1%
  • Dark Sun

Votes: 59 20.8%
  • Dragon Fist

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dragonlance

Votes: 44 15.5%
  • Eberron

Votes: 58 20.4%
  • Forgotten Realms

Votes: 61 21.5%
  • FR: Al-Qadim

Votes: 16 5.6%
  • FR: The Horde

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • FR: Kara-Tur

Votes: 10 3.5%
  • FR: Maztica

Votes: 2 0.7%
  • Ghostwalk

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Greyhawk

Votes: 83 29.2%
  • Jakandor

• Kingdoms of Kalamar

Votes: 8 2.8%
  • Lankhmar

Votes: 6 2.1%
  • Mahasarpa

• Mystara

Votes: 42 14.8%
  • Nentir Vale

Votes: 16 5.6%
  • Pelinore

• Planescape

Votes: 85 29.9%
  • Ravenloft

Votes: 47 16.5%
  • Rokugan

Votes: 11 3.9%
  • Spelljammer

Votes: 25 8.8%
  • Thunder Rift

• Underdark

Votes: 3 1.1%
  • Warcraft

• Wilderlands of High Fantasy

Votes: 10 3.5%
  • Golarion

Votes: 27 9.5%
  • Other (Write-In, Below)

Votes: 19 6.7%

• Poll closed .

Chris Knapp

First Post
Greyhawk got me hooked back in the day, and Dragonlance was my goto setting as soon as it came out and to this day(for RPG only, not a fan of the novels.)
I didn't pick a 3rd. No other settings captured my imagination like those 2 did.

Shemeska

Adventurer
No specific order, eh? So there's actually a chance that Planescape isn't your favourite setting? :D

Golarion is up there with PS tied for #1 in my book. I got to help create large chunks of its cosmology and what outsiders dwelled therein as a freelancer, while Planescape was already a developed product line by the time I even started to play D&D, let along think I could write stuff for it. I've only been able to contribute in tiny bits here and there for PS (though I've adored each and ever bit of it).

Don't make me have to pick one favorite. ;)

Daphnaie

First Post
Easily Dark Sun for my favourite.

Then Dragonlance (although admittedly I've never played a game set in it before, just read (most) of the novels), and finally, since it's a three option poll, Golarion.

There are other settings I probably would have put instead/like more, but I don't really feel experienced enough with them to call them my favourite.

Echohawk

Shirokinukatsukami fan
Golarion was made for the very first issue of the monthly Pathfinder Adventure Path materials that Paizo made, starting in late (I think August) 2007, which was for 3.5. However, this was after they had lost the license to produce official D&D materials (and the magazines had been allowed to fold) and so was not officially D&D.
I concur with Alzrius. There have been no D&D branded products released for Golarian, even under licence. There have been Golarian products compatible with the 3.5 rules released under the OGL, and of course Golarian products for the Pathfinder RPG. But strictly speaking, Golarian has never been a Dungeons & Dragons setting.

Remove ads