• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What's your Fifth?

What role does your 4e group double up on?

Hussar

Legend
Again, just satisfying my own curiousity. In your 4e group, what class is the Fifth member? What role do you double up on?

Note, if you have more than 1 group, well, just pick one.

Last edited:

Dice4Hire

First Post
I think doubling up on the striker is the best combo, and getting reid of the controller for a third striker or a second leader is even better. You can even get rid of the defender for a fourth striker, though a second leader is better there.

The game just rewards that kind of party more, in my experience.

At the moment, we have two leaders, three strikers, and a controller. :eek:

But I've seen duplication of strikers more often than I have of any other roll--with defenders coming in a close second.

Nifft

Penguin Herder
Why isn't Scotch an option?

- - -

I wish our fifth was another Leader, but what can you do. Strikers are teh sexy.

Cheers, -- N

drothgery

First Post
Well, I voted Striker, but the party in the tabletop game I play in (before I departed for two months, and ignore the old friend who was in town for a couple of months) was three strikers, a leader, and a defender.

Kzach

Banned
Banned
If I can influence the decision in a group, I will always go for a second striker. Firstly, they're the most popular role, so you always have someone wanting to play one anyway, and secondly, strikers make combat go quicker.

I can tolerate a second defender if they're built to be strikerish. A second leader or controller, though, is intolerable as you really notice the difference in length of combats. The extra healing of a second leader is usually always redundant and the bonuses from a controller rarely do anything to speed combat.

cignus_pfaccari

First Post
In the two games I'm in, one is Defender Leader Striker Striker Controller

The other is Defender Leader Striker Striker Controller Controller

The two strikers helps immensely. The two controllers (one's not always there) are also handy, though one's kind of weak at it.

Brad

Masquerade

First Post
I've seen the fifth be a defender, but most frequently it's a striker. Warlocks and rogues have historically been the most popular classes within my group.

Remove ads