What's your most anticipated game for 2014?

Well, Baker Street gave me a flicker of interest - like a gerbil having a heart attack - but it is still very much old remakes that take most interest.

The question is, what new games could there be that would be able to strike through to a new, stable audience?

Ahnehnois

First Post
Firefly. I've been interested in exploring the Cortex Plus system, but not in the settings they've published it for. The thought of a new game in the 'verse is pretty appealing.

dm4hire

Explorer
I agree, I liked the Serenity game. However since they couldn't cover Firefly it just didn't seem to be enough. Firefly should fill that need and be way better since they can cover more of the 'verse.

TwoSix

Dirty, realism-hating munchkin powergamer
Purely on the strength of Blood and Smoke, I'm very excited for both Idigam Chronicles and Fallen World Chronicles.

GMMichael

Guide of Modos
The question is, what new games could there be that would be able to strike through to a new, stable audience?

I was hoping the question would be:

What are the top 3 features of your most anticipated game of 2014?

Because then I'd know a thing or two about Firefly, Serenity, Blood and Smoke, etc.

Top 3 features of Modos RPG:
1. Action-only combat means there are no movement actions, attacks of opportunity, or readied actions - just actions.
2. Off-the-grid combat means you spend less time counting squares and drawing maps, and spend more time fighting.
3. Modular rules allow you to add or delete your rules, your friend's rules, or a stranger's rules, quickly and easily.

But to answer TrippyHippy's question, the game that reaches a new, stable audience is the one that utilizes a new advertising channel (?). Like IRC, smart phones, or celebrity endorsement.

But to answer TrippyHippy's question, the game that reaches a new, stable audience is the one that utilizes a new advertising channel (?). Like IRC, smart phones, or celebrity endorsement.
I'm not sure what you mean here - but all I'm meaning is a game that lasts, rather than fizzling out after a few months.

xrayzed

First Post
The games I'm looking forward to are all adaptations of existing systems:

Rosemont Bay (Cortex Plus Drama)
Tianxi: Blood, Silk and Jade (Fate Core)
TimeWatch (Gumshoe)

Remove ads