• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Whats your Preferred Virtual Tabletop - Post your content you use for your VTT.

cyderak

Banned
Banned
Hey guys,

Whats your preferred VTT(Virtual Tabletop).

And what (If any) content do you have. i.e. Maps, Monsters, Tokens, Handouts, characters.......and so on.

My preferred VTT is D20Pro. They have a very functional VTT software and its aestheically pleasing too.

Heres a link:

d20Pro Virtual Game Table - Online Pen & Paper Tabletop Gaming

Heres thee only maps I made in dundjinni before my computer took a dump and i lost the software:

cyderak's deviantART gallery

cyderak's deviantART gallery

Enjoy.

Irondeacon

First Post
I'd love to hear some community input on this. I'm thinking of using a virtual table top for a 3.5 game I'm running, and I want to buy the right software the first time around. What do you use for your game, and why?

Respcetfully, The Deacon

OnlineDM

Adventurer
MapTool. My blog is focused on running D&D online (I use 4e, but that doesn't matter for this discussion), and I started off with OpenRPG. From there, I moved on to Gametable (osu-GT), which was a big improvement.

Then I discovered MapTool and never looked back. It's free, it's flexible, it has a big community supporting it, there are frameworks built for various systems if you want them (I run my games from scratch, but I hear that the frameworks are great)... what's not to love?

I highly recommend trying this free option before buying anything. Maybe the paid programs are amazing compared to MapTool, but I honestly can't think of anything that I wish were different about the program that would make me want to switch to another program. I have money to buy programs with, but I've never felt the need to do so.

jcayer

Explorer
I second maptools. The video tutorials are an awesome start and you can't beat free.
We use it in person, projected on the wall, and had our first, all remote session last week during bad weather...worked flawlessly.

Some of the guys even started looking at the macro language and just the basic stuff they were doing sped things up quite a bit.

Remove ads