• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Whedon does Wonder Woman

Chun-tzu

First Post
My pick: Sienna Guillory
http://www.tccandler.com/talent_file_sienna_guillory.htm

To be honest, I've only seen her in Resident Evil Apocalypse.
Trust me, she's the best reason to see Resident Evil Apocalypse (I had initially watched it because they blow up Toronto's City Hall; the movie was better than I expected).

Yeah, she's short (5'6" or 5'7" depending on your source), but not that short. She's 29 but, wow, she looks good.

I might have picked Charlize Theron, if not for her role in Aeon Flux (who's not quite a super-hero, but is an action hero).

James Heard

Explorer
How about Evangeline Lilly? She's the brunette in Lost. She's got the build down pat, though I wonder how tall she is- somehow I think that if they can make Rudy look like a hobbit they could make her look a few inches taller. My only reservation is that I'm worried she'd take off from Lost if she landed a movie role and I really like that show :)

Bill Scott

First Post
Starman said:
I think Monica Bellucci would be perfect for WW.

Tall? Check
Hot? Check
Busty? Check
Acting chops? Check

Starman

Good call there. She looked great in Brotherhood of the Wolf and with the great acting she did in Tears of the Sun and Passions of the Christ, she has the talent to pull it off

As for the gorgeous Morena Baccarin, my favorite actor on Firefly BTW, she would look the part if she had more meat on her thin frame

Jessica Alba would be great if they were going for a younger WW. Besides, she's already playing Sue Richards in the upcoming Fantastic Four Movie so she probably wouldn't want to be typecast

John Crichton

First Post
Bill Scott said:
Jessica Alba would be great if they were going for a younger WW. Besides, she's already playing Sue Richards in the upcoming Fantastic Four Movie so she probably wouldn't want to be typecast
Too late. She's already played 2 different superheroes. ;)

Her name will come up for every female lead role in a superhero flick from now until she hangs it up.

Bill Scott

First Post
John Crichton said:
Too late. She's already played 2 different superheroes. ;)

Her name will come up for every female lead role in a superhero flick from now until she hangs it up.

Now I'm curious. You're talking in past tense like Jessica Alba has already played as two different super heroes. If you're talking Dark Angel, which can be considered a super hero, thats one. Whats the other one if it's not FF because that has'nt came out yet?

Bill Scott said:
Now I'm curious. You're talking in past tense like Jessica Alba has already played as two different super heroes. If you're talking Dark Angel, which can be considered a super hero, thats one. Whats the other one if it's not FF because that has'nt came out yet?
Even if FF hasn't come out yet, she was in it...and, well, they are filming now(or are they done filming?), so its the past. We just haven't seen it yet. :p

John Crichton

First Post
A-MG has the long and short of it. She has the role and they've already filmed her doing it which makes it fact, hence the use of past tense. :) Yeah, it's stretching a bit but it does make some sense.

And need I remind you of her superheroine in Honey? ;)

And it's also worth mentioning that while it's not a superhero role, she is in Sin City. Another comic book movie. Attached for life, I say. Which is not a bad thing...

Last edited:

Truth Seeker

Adventurer
Time to turn up the heat or splash some cold water.

You want tall, built and...womanly; Anna- Nicole- Smith :D.

And for the record, Claudia Black, is not an ulgy dog.

Nuff said.

Mad Hatter

First Post
It depends on how old or young they are going to do WW. I'd say Lucy Lawless would be the best prospect because the names I've seen thus far do not, imho, exude the WW aura. The only problem is that her role as Xena would taint the role of WW because they are so comparable in magnitude. The sad thing is, I cannot think of anyone that would fill this role. It's just too hard.

It's going to be exceptionally hard to duplicate Linda Carter, but if anyone can do it Joss can.

Remove ads