• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Whedon does Wonder Woman

Pielorinho

Iron Fist of Pelor
Gina Torres all the way: she would rule in this role.

Yes, her skin tone might be a problem; then again,
1) Catwoman was played (admittedly awfully) b Halle Berry, suggesting that this isn't an insurmountable bureaucratic obstacle; and
2) Isn't Wonder Woman the daughter of Hippolyta or something? She could easily pass for a darker-skinned Greek woman.

I would swoon if she got the part.
Daniel

Klaus

First Post
1) "Catwoman" shouldn't be used as an example of anything, really... (Plus Halle Berry should've been Vixen).

2) Hypollita and the Amazons were created from scratch by the greek goddesses to house the spirits of women killed by men, and reflected no specific gender (for instance, General Phillipus was black, Menallipe was a redhead, Hippolyta had curly black hair and her sister was blonde). Diana was shaped from clay by Hippolyta (whose spirit belonged to a pregnant cavewoman killed by her companion).

I like to be faithful to the common depictions of characters. I can't see Gina Torres as Wonder Woman any more than I can see Jet Li as the Black Panther.

Pielorinho

Iron Fist of Pelor
To be fair, I'm not much of a comicbooker, and have never read a single issue of Wonder Woman. I just think Gina Torres is the bomb, is all. :D

Daniel

Klaus

First Post
She is indeed smokin' hot, and Mr. Fishburne is one lucky cat. I just think she deserves to play a tall, beautiful black heroine, like Vixen (who's a supermodel, to boot), or (were she younger) the new girl from the Outsiders (the daughter of Black Lightning).

Bill Scott

First Post
Klaus said:
1) "Catwoman" shouldn't be used as an example of anything, really... (Plus Halle Berry should've been Vixen).

I like to be faithful to the common depictions of characters. I can't see Gina Torres as Wonder Woman any more than I can see Jet Li as the Black Panther.

Halle Berry as the Vixen would have been a better movie. Good call there. As for comment of Jet Li playing the Black Panther, I would love to see him do the fight scenes if they go the full mask route or use him as a villain

BTW, Since Wesley Snipes is done with Blade, he'll be tackling the Black Panter next but not as T'challa. I figure he's going to be the father who retires and passes his duties over to his son

Klaus

First Post
Well, he could either be T'Challa's father, or he could be the aging T'Challa, passing the mantle to King T'Challa II.

Ranger REG

Explorer
Bill Scott said:
BTW, Since Wesley Snipes is done with Blade, he'll be tackling the Black Panter next but not as T'challa. I figure he's going to be the father who retires and passes his duties over to his son
Hmm. It's been a long while since I have touched a Marvel Comic books but I never figured Black Panther to be someone young. Then again, the fact that he was a chief of his rich tribal nation makes him mature for his age.

I say that Wesley Snipes can still play T'Challa.

Bill Scott

First Post
Ranger REG said:
Hmm. It's been a long while since I have touched a Marvel Comic books but I never figured Black Panther to be someone young. Then again, the fact that he was a chief of his rich tribal nation makes him mature for his age.

I say that Wesley Snipes can still play T'Challa.

Being a big WS fan, I would have loved to see him play T'challa several years ago. The problem is that he's not as young as he used to be and if the Black Panther spawns a couple sequals, like Blade, he might not be up to it. That's why WS wants a younger man to play the part. I think Micheal Jai White would play a great T'challa

Hypersmurf

Moderatarrrrh...
Ranger REG said:
Jessica Biel pretty much earned her scar in Blade: Trinity.

Enh. She's not a good action star. She moves like an untrained girl, not like a trained professional killing machine :)

-Hyp.

Remove ads