• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Wheel of Time Discussion - Spoilers(with book spoilers)

Zardnaar

Legend
Book 3, the Dragon Reborn, near the end. It’s connected to another major event like the battle at Falme, so I don’t want to spoil it in case the show decides to use that event.

Earlier tha I thought. I don't remember the Battle of Falme lol.

I remember black Ajah, white cloaks being a holes, Rand having three love interests. Other bits and pieces from the wiki eg I wanted to know how it ended but not read the books.

Winters Heart or Path of Daggers was where I dropped out circa 2001 or 2002.

hawkeyefan

Legend
Lowlight: "They're retreating!" Yes Lan, when ships retreat in a downwards direction we usually call it sinking.

Pretty sure he was referencing the archers on the clifftops... they kept firing arrows at Moiraine and he'd catch them.

Earlier tha I thought. I don't remember the Battle of Falme lol.

I remember black Ajah, white cloaks being a holes, Rand having three love interests. Other bits and pieces from the wiki eg I wanted to know how it ended but not read the books.

Winters Heart or Path of Daggers was where I dropped out circa 2001 or 2002.

I believe that Falme was the end of book 2, and played out similarly to how it did in the show... although the specifics were a bit different.

I actually managed to make it all the way through to the end of the series. And although it had that dip in parts 7 to 10, overall, I'd say it's a really good series. Like, it didn't need to be 14 parts, but it's not like I had a limit of 14 books for my lifetime.

Some of what happens in the final books is payoff for events in the first few books, which is pretty amazing.

Zardnaar

Legend
Pretty sure he was referencing the archers on the clifftops... they kept firing arrows at Moiraine and he'd catch them.

I believe that Falme was the end of book 2, and played out similarly to how it did in the show... although the specifics were a bit different.

I actually managed to make it all the way through to the end of the series. And although it had that dip in parts 7 to 10, overall, I'd say it's a really good series. Like, it didn't need to be 14 parts, but it's not like I had a limit of 14 books for my lifetime.

Some of what happens in the final books is payoff for events in the first few books, which is pretty amazing.

I don't remember the vattke at all or even where Falme is.
S1 Was ok/rough enjoyed S2 so thumbs up.

Maxperson

Morkus from Orkus
I quite enjoyed the finale.

Highlights: The Terry Pratchett quote "Guards! Guards!"; lets squeeze in cameos from all our PCs from previous campaigns; the pantomime villains.

Lowlight: "They're retreating!" Yes Lan, when ships retreat in a downwards direction we usually call it sinking.
I thought the same thing. I looked for anything left to actually retreat and didn't see a ship that wasn't sinking.

Maxperson

Morkus from Orkus
I really enjoyed the scene where Matt blew the Tide Bottle of Valere to summon the heroes. All in all I liked this season better than the last, even though they changed a huge number of events.

I think the only major disappointment from me was that Rand and Ishamael didn't fight in the sky over Falme. I was really looking forward to seeing that. Oh, and when Perrin killed Bornhald's father, rather than being mistaken for causing his death. I didn't like that part at all.

Remove ads