• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Wheel of Time

BelenUmeria said:
He has publicly stated that he does not intend to wrap up the threads. He wants the world to seem like it will live on even as he expects never to return to it.
Which makes my total re-edit idea all the more feasible. Once the damn thing wraps I'll know exactly which threads are going nowhere, and I can excise them appropriately.

Should cut the series down by about 4000 pages or so, I imagine.

And if I can remove some of the grosser examples of his misogyny while I'm at it, maybe there will be a version my fiancee can actually read.

Maniac

Explorer
From here
http://wotmania.com/wotmessageboardshowmessage.asp?MessageID=201977

Jordan Finishes KoD
wotmania - 6/7/2005 5:58:06 PM

Jason over at Dragonmount just IM'd me to make sure I got this up ASAP:

We received word today that Robert Jordan has finished writing and editing Knife of Dreams. Straight from RJ:

Yes, Knife of Dreams is finally done. Harriet and I completed the editing this past weekend, and today I finished going over the glossary. A day or two to mull it over and make sure there isn't anything else I want to do, and off it goes to [Tor Books]. It seems like a pretty good book, to me. A long-running thread or two finally get tied off

Before you get too exited though, don't expect this news to move the publication date up. Most likely Tor Books will read it over and make editorial checks. It will also give them a chance to maximize the publicity surrounding the new novel.

Up next for RJ....

I am doing cleanup on my notes in preparation for starting the twelfth book, but I will get in a little fishing this summer, and maybe some golf. Of course, [Harriet and I will] be in San Diego for the International ComicCon [...] and in Atlanta for DragonCon at Labor Day. They have a complete Wheel of Time track, and they've been asking me for years, but this is the first time I've actually been free to attend.

Get ready follks. If you're in the US, you'll have several chances to meet Robert Jordan and spend some time with him. Check out those conventions, most espeically DragonCon which is going to be one incredibly cool event. If you can't do one of those, stay tuned in the coming months for information about his US book tour.

There you go!

Pants

First Post
And by 'editing' he means 'counting the piles upon piles of money, while laughing laughing at the misfortunes of his hopelessly addicted fans.'

I'm still holding out that Book 12 will be named 'F**k You' by Robert Jordan. ;)

Okay, maybe not, but I like to think I'm that pessimistic sometimes...

KenM

Banned
Banned
The second to last book in the series. Thats not counting the 7 prequels Jordan will put out between this book and the "last" book.

Eosin the Red

First Post
Crossroads was like readers digest only not as good and much longer. Having said that, the news kinda shines a ray of hope. Now, they need to get him a real editor.

drothgery

First Post
KenM said:
The second to last book in the series. Thats not counting the 7 prequels Jordan will put out between this book and the "last" book.

Err... RJ gave up on the plan to interleave the other two prequels he's contracted for in with the main series novels. Unless he changes plans again, he's writing book 12 next, then the other two prequels, and then something new.

Thornir Alekeg

Albatross!
BelenUmeria said:
He has publicly stated that he does not intend to wrap up the threads. He wants the world to seem like it will live on even as he expects never to return to it.

Excellent. In this case I probably won't miss anything by not purchasing the remaining two books, since nothing will actually happen in them, yet again.

Maybe I'll pick up the last one (if it really turns out to be the last one) from the library and read it. I'll be interested to see how much I can just jump right into considering I stopped after book 7. Bet it will be just like a soap opera - you can tune in one day after not watching for three years and know exactly what is happening because nothing has really changed.

Orius

Legend
[sarcastic]Alright! Another Robert Jordan bashing thread! All those damn Star Wars threads were crowding them out! It's good to see ENWorld finally return to normal![/sarcasm]

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads