• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

When I die, bury me with my dice!

Tetsubo

First Post
I've been considering donating my body to science. The idea of swallowing some dice seems groovy... :)

If I have my choice I will die with a blade in my hand. On the off chance that I get admitted to the Halls of Valhalla I don't want to be unarmed...

nsruf

First Post
AFAIK there are

1) a company that offers to press the ashes from your cremation into diamonds

2) a dice manufacturer who offers to turn any precious or semi-precious stones you supply into polyhedral dice

Now wouldn't that be the ultimate gamer funeral?

Gez

First Post
Yup, but it would be so expensive...

Plus, I would loath it if my hypothetical descendants would roll me and say "Curse you grandpa! Give me another natural 1 and it's hammer time!" :lol:

JoeGKushner

First Post
suzi yee said:
Man... you're a maiden head too?
I say cremation to the entire power slave album, with much emphasis on "I don't want to die. I'm a god. Why can't I live on?"

Can I donate my dice to science? I have one set that roll remarkable well, so maybe they can discover new theorems on probability....

I love Iron Maiden. I hate them rereleasing all of their stuido albums with new stuff, hidden tracks, new format, etc..., but I love the music. At least until they did X-Factor with that new singer. Now I know Bruce Dickenson isn't the first singer but he did a good job and I'm glad he's back.

And yeah, Powerslave is an awesome tune. I've got more ideas from Iron Maiden songs than I have from many a gaming supplement.

"Seventh Son of a Seventh Son" for example, is a fine album with many an idea to be yanked.

-Warlord-

First Post
Buried with my dice? I would rather my dice be used by my fellow players.

So I could HAUNT them! Rolling the d20 on it's one with my ethereal touch when a save is due, roll it to a 20 to crit one of the (new) dm's favorite npc. And who would dare to get rid of dice they kept as a memorial of my passing?

And don't bury me with my books, let them be used by my fellow players.

So I can HAUNT them! Opening the MM up on the tarasque whenever the dm wants to flip through it for a monster. Flip the PHB open on the section about death/dying whenever things get grim for the players.

I'll stop now, or else I'll risk getting buried with ALL my wordly possessions, so there wouldn't be anything left to hunt.

As to my final restingplace....is wanting to be buried in a nice Cheops-style pyramid too much to ask?

Remove ads