• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 4E When is 4e Eberron due out?

Tzarevitch

First Post
Just a quick question. I apologize in advance if it has been answered already but I can't find it anywhere on WotC's pages or on the 4e info on this site. Does anyone know when 4e Eberron is due out? ( am guessing end of '08 at best.)

Also, does WotC plan on putting out a supplement either as print or on-line material giving Eberron players enough info to run a 4e Eberron game until the official 4e setting stuff comes out (for example for the core Eberron setting races which will not appear in the PHB or MM and for the Artificer class if it still exists)?

Tzarevitch

Creamsteak

Explorer
I remember something about "1 setting per year" and Forgotten Realms coming first, followed by Eberron.

I can imagine warforged and maybe shifters in a monster manual. I have some doubts about the Artificer, Changelings, and Kalashtar.

MojoGM

First Post
Well, they talk about one setting per year, and only mention FR and Eberron, so it stands to reason that it would be the next one.

Tzarevitch

First Post
Creamsteak said:
I remember something about "1 setting per year" and Forgotten Realms coming first, followed by Eberron.

I can imagine warforged and maybe shifters in a monster manual. I have some doubts about the Artificer, Changelings, and Kalashtar.

That was pretty much my guess as well. Warforged will appear, shifters will likely appear. Changelings and kalashtar are unlikely. Not sure what they'd do with the Artificerclass though. An interesting issue is changes to the magic item creation rules in 4e may render the class obsolete or turn it into what amounts to an NPC class. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Tzarevitch

Cyronax

Explorer
PeterWeller said:
I know you were hoping it would be Grayhawk. ;)

Hear hear for Greyhawk! (and gnomes)

I bet that Eberron is going to be pared up with the second round of the PHB/DMG/MM books that will include info on mind flayers and psionics. That allows Eberron to gain synergistic benefits with other new products and also fills in some of the minions of the daelkyr.

I remember reading somewhere that monsters like the daelkyr are going to be pushed more and not just considered another aberration. What was the terminology for a monster type....?

Not a bad strategy on WotC's part, whatever your opinion of their segmenting of once core monsters.

C.I.D.

Tzarevitch

First Post
Cyronax said:
Hear hear for Greyhawk! (and gnomes)

I bet that Eberron is going to be pared up with the second round of the PHB/DMG/MM books that will include info on mind flayers and psionics. That allows Eberron to gain synergistic benefits with other new products and also fills in some of the minions of the daelkyr.

I remember reading somewhere that monsters like the daelkyr are going to be pushed more and not just considered another aberration. What was the terminology for a monster type....?

Not a bad strategy on WotC's part, whatever your opinion of their segmenting of once core monsters.

C.I.D.

Foulspawn I believe is the rename for aberrations.

I just hope WotC has enough sense to put something out on line or something for people who already are Eberron players so we all don't go out and play WoW or something for a year until Eberron 4e comes out. Significant changes to the nature of the way spellcasting worked and the way magic items worked and were created likely will require a significant re-working of the Artificer class. Also Dragonborn are not a standard Eberron race but Changelings, Kalashtar, Shifters, Warforged, half-orcs and gnomes are. A couple of these will likely be in the MM, but that still leaves a few that need conversion. Most everything else in the setting is pretty rules-independent and I can handle that myself until Eberron 4e comes out (especially since WotC turned tail and caved-in to the whiners who objected to advancing the setting 2 years without actually listening to people who thought the idea was a good one :confused: but that is another story.)

Tzarevitch

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads