• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

When will psionics for 4th ed come out? :)

Swack-Iron

First Post
I really expected psionics to show up with the Eberron campaign setting this summer. They were an integrated part of that world design, and I'd hate to think of the 4E version of it being released without them.

Not that this'll stop WotC. After all, they released Forgotten Realms 4e without Druids. There are entire regions of the FR map that druids are integral to.

Vael

Legend
I'm hoping we'll get a playtest psionic class before Eberron comes out, but don't expect to see full classes until PH3.

Arivendel

First Post
I would expect the Eberron Player Guide to have at least 1 Psionic Class, aside from that i think your bst bet is PHB3 like most have been suggesting

Dire Bare

Legend
(*) well, ok, I don't love the brain suckers in the...hentai way... :devil:, but as a DM I do adore the slimey sods! So many PCs with Int and Wis as dump stats, munchy time! :p)

Careful there! Mind Flayers get very offended if anybody suggests they use their tentacles for anything other than brain-eating!

Xorloz the Flayer: "Eww! Even where I come from that's perverse! Can I just eat your brain and be done with it?"

arscott

First Post
As I've argued elsewhere, I think that we'll get only two power sources in PH3, with 4 classes each, so that we can get two "power" books in 2010.

Why is this--it runs contrary to the pattern established in the first two PHBs. Plus, If Dark Sun is the year 3 setting, then I'd expect to see some elemental classes in that PHB.

Angellis_ater

First Post
When will Psionics for 4th Edition come out? I'd say the first trickle comes in about a month or two. When will Wizards of the Coast release psionics material? My best guess is 2010, or if we're really unlucky, 2011.

TwinBahamut

First Post
I am willing to bet that the Psionic Power Source will be in the PHB3. It and Ki seem to be the frontrunners for that book. I think it is pretty much a toss-up between Elemental, Shadow, and a second go at Martial for the third Power Source in that book.

Out of curiosity, why would Elemental be linked to Dark Sun? I don't know much about that setting.

Nikosandros

Golden Procrastinator
Why is this--it runs contrary to the pattern established in the first two PHBs. Plus, If Dark Sun is the year 3 setting, then I'd expect to see some elemental classes in that PHB.
For the reason that I stated in my post: so that two power books can be published in 2010.

PHB1 has 3 sources because everyone expects D&D to have some kind of fighter, rogue, wizard and cleric. Given the initial spread, PHB2 also needed to have 3 sources, so that they could bring divine and arcane to at least 4 classes each.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads