• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

When will the WWII carnage end?

bone_naga

Explorer
Considering we still dig up ordnance from the Civil War, this will be happening for quite a while. Fortunately, they don't usually end like this.

Derren

Hero
Finding WW2 ordnance is still a common occurrence in Germany and most of the time not even news worthy unless a bigger evacuation is required during defusing it or in the rare cases someone is killed by one.

Starfox

Hero
I believe Britain still has some munitions-loaded ships stranded on their coasts, which could potentially blow up in blasts in the kiloton range. Or have those been taken care of by now?

This is the first time in a long time that I rememeber any of the old bombs going off and killing or hurting anyone. But usually they seem to be found and identified before anything severe happens with it, this one was apparantly enclosed in concrete. (Though that might be actually common, I don't know.)

Jan van Leyden

Adventurer
I know from my home town at least, that the local government poured over RAF aerial photos to identify areas were bombs detonated, reasoning that duds were mostly parts of a functional load. One actually knows when and were to look for duds.

The Euskirchen bomb seems to be a really special case.

Remove ads