• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

When You Can't Play TTRPGs (and You're Virtual...)

Retreater

Legend
So one of my online gaming groups is temporarily losing a player, so we'll need to take a break from D&D (just four of us now). We want to stay in touch, hang out, and play games in the meantime.
Are there some multiplayer games you'd recommend on PC (that aren't too demanding on the hardware)? Boardgames on Steam? Something like a D&D experience maybe?

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Not really a D&D experience, but if you like superhero themed stuff - Sentinels of the Multiverse is a good cooperative card game. The application is available on Steam.

payn

He'll flip ya...Flip ya for real...
Lots of BGs have virtual options and are pretty affordable like Game of Thrones the BG. There are also sites like board game arena but the offerings are going to be more board game like.

Retreater

Legend
You cant play with 4?
That's three players and a DM. And normally I could, but the personalities of the remaining players are more passive.
Unless maybe it's a good idea to get them to open up and experiment, if they're up for that. I just don't want to make them uncomfortable.

billd91

Not your screen monkey (he/him)
Sometimes, a little discomfort is what we need. Playing with 3 more passive personalities might be a complete disaster, it might also be what some of them need to find their voice in a situation away from more dominant players.

Narq

Villager
Not knowing what you have for hardware but if you are looking for DND like experience and do not mind old school the updated balders gates would probably be pretty good to play with a group of 4. Neverwinter knights also might be worth while to look into but they are old school.

MarkB

Legend
Not knowing what you have for hardware but if you are looking for DND like experience and do not mind old school the updated balders gates would probably be pretty good to play with a group of 4. Neverwinter knights also might be worth while to look into but they are old school.
Divinity Original Sin 2 also has a good multiplayer mode that supports up to 4 players.

Remove ads