When you want to strangle a player

Elf Witch

First Post
billd91 said:
I think this could turn out to be really good... or really bad. It might be the kind of outlet he needs to control the action and environment around his character so that he can let go in the game and stop getting into such a snit about it.

Or it will magnify his problems because he'll think that the control he exerts in the story should translate to the game table as well.

Either way, I'd sit back and see how it develops before bringing up the story and how it will likely affect the game. This could be a very personal way for him to work through his issues with the game and control of life around him and should not be intruded upon without good cause.

I wasn't going to say anthing unless it became an issue.

We play every other week so I have been working on the next session and I have crafted some social encounters that will work to his strengths not the cleric's. I am also introducing something from his back story.

One of the things I am trying to balance is this players needs with the fact that I have three other players at the table. The temple war is something I put in the game for the cleric I also was going to add some stuff for the monk. The player is my roommate and has been very patient up to now. Her character has amnesia and I had planned to start giving her some clues about where her character is from and why he lost his memory.

The first part of the game focused more on the ex ranger and the bard. The bard's player wife played the ex ranger and she has brought in a new PC and I have not been able to do much with her.

As I said I have very sympathetic with the player's real life issues and I understand that gaming is a release for him. But my roommate made a point of telling me that she is starting to feel some resentment towards the this players because she feels he is starting to act like a spotlight hog. She said to me that while she also feels very sorry for all the crap in his life right now she wants to have a chance to play as well.

Remove ads