• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

When you're the only one who likes what you like

DaveMage

Slumbering in Tsar
I'll hang out on ENWorld (and elsewhere) and get a good laugh at all the people (myself included at times) who take this silly make-believe game way too seriously :D

Hey! I resemble that remark!

Rechan: Since you *are* moving away in two months, I'd suggest you check the gamers seeking gamers area here on EN World and see if there's a 4E group in the area to which you are moving.

Oni

First Post
You are not alone Rechan.

I tried to run 4e with my old group, and unfortunately, soon afterwards, half of them moved away.

Now that's some serious 4e hate right there. LOL, I know what you meant, but that just tickled me when I read it.

Rechan

Adventurer
Rechan: Since you *are* moving away in two months, I'd suggest you check the gamers seeking gamers area here on EN World and see if there's a 4E group in the area to which you are moving.
See my sig. :) I've made posts here and on the WotC boards, and the area's Craigslist area every month. So far have gotten about 4 responses that have real potential.

Hereticus

First Post
When I first arrived at ENworld I got into a disagreement with Rechan over 4.0E.

Since then I sent him a IM apology, and have posted at least two apologies on threads.

Upthread I said that I would be in his new hometown in the future. I also know some other gamers that may be nearby.

But since he likely has me on IGNORE and did not read my IM, he will never get those messages.

Oh well...

armorclass10

First Post
I'd be more than happy to game with you playing whatever system....I like playing games it's that simple. Hell 1st edition thru 4th is all a game, IMO either people like games or they don't. Unfortuantely I am in Philly Rechan but I love playing pretty much any RPG or game....if people don't like something and they complain about it while you DM, well then they are just being asses and want to hear themselves complain about something. In the long run I just want to hang out with some like minded pen and paper types and have some fun....who cares it you use THAC0 or BAB it's all good to me.

Have you ever been the only person, among all those you associate with, who likes something? And everyone else is indifferent to displeased with it?

LOL I am nothing like my friends or a lot of people in the real world, this is the only time I let it get to me, hell game time is fun escape from the real world time for me....I don't let gamers and their opinions get to me. You know next time they complain just ask them nicely why they still continue to play if it's so bad.

Good luck with your move BTW and I hope you enjoy your new home and neighborhood....maybe once you get up there you will meet up with some more gamers. That area is pretty populated, just watch out for those NY sports fans LOL;)

TheNovaLord

First Post
can be quite tricky

there are actually more rpg games available out there than there are players

There are 7 of us who play a regular weekly game, for the last 5 years.

everyone has at least 1, if not more games, they adore that everyone
else is either neutral, dislikes or really hates

on the D&D front a number of us rapidly fell of of love with 4e, and this also spread to D&D in general, there are
2 would still like to play 4e,
and i think 2 others would like to play/continue with 3.5e.

So for the past 6 weeks we have ditched D&D in its entirity and are playing other stuff, and as a group whole, getting along much more cohesively again. I think some of the familiarity of D&D and past issues kept reoccurring

Ive persuaded them to let me run rolemaster which ive done the past 5 weeks successfully (only 1 other had ever played it) and in the pipepline for the rest of the year is duty and honour and daring Tales of adventure (which again only 1-3 of us have played in the past)

So to the OP. If you run something which the others hate, dont run it again, find something you all either like or are willing to try.

good luck

Crothian

First Post
This happens a lot so I have to sell the game to my friends. And even if they don't like the idea they are my friends so they are willing to give it a try. There are games that are not that good that we have made quite fun because luckily the thing that makes most games fun is the people more then the game.

DaveMage

Slumbering in Tsar
When I first arrived at ENworld I got into a disagreement with Rechan over 4.0E.

Since then I sent him a IM apology, and have posted at least two apologies on threads.

Upthread I said that I would be in his new hometown in the future. I also know some other gamers that may be nearby.

But since he likely has me on IGNORE and did not read my IM, he will never get those messages.

Oh well...

People have ignore lists? ;)

Woas

First Post
I feel a little bit the same way but with all those groovy, narrativist indie games instead of D&D 4th Ed. I'd really like to 'get into' one of them but my gaming pals are more into traditional games. Which I don't mind either, so I'm not really feeling "the only one" blues, but I can empathize with you.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads