• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Where are these rules and conversions located??

Amazing Mumford

First Post
Okay, I apologize if these questions have been posted before, but I'm not sure about where to find a few things. First of all, the most recent and updated 3.5 erratas of Polymorph, Alternate Form, Wild Shape, and Lycanthropy.

Second, is there a 3.0 to 3.5 conversion of divine/deity stats and abilities? Especially for Deities and Demigods and Faiths and Pantheons?

And lastly (I know this is asking a lot) is there a full and complete 3.5 converted City of the Spider-Queen?

Thanks for your time, I definitely appreciate the help!!

Starbuck_II

First Post
First, polymorph was never errated. Many people think it was but it wasn't.
Instead, the designers said: please, don't use it.
This was why they invented Polymorph Subschool spells (which do not affet the old spells: Polymorph, Shapechange, Alter Self).

Now, the designers did edit every monster by saying: Every monster that references Polymorph now uses Alternate Form instead.

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/rg/20060502a
http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/dd/20060216a
The polymorph spell itself hasn't changed at all; see the announcement for details. What has changed is the polymorph spell's role as the basis for most forms of shapeshifting in the game. Most effects and class features that once referenced the polymorph spell now refer to the alternate form special quality instead. Unfortunately, the alternate form description refers the reader back to the polymorph spell, and that text contains references to the alter self spell. All of this cross-referencing sows confusion when characters begin switching forms during adventures.
Wild Shape is almost the same, but uses Original Con mod (not the new forms) for hps. Hps aren't supposed to change (this was because a 12 Con Druid who becomes a Con 18 creature has +3 hps/level otherwise).

There is a loophole (+Con Necklaces), but not important for this topic I think.

Last edited:

Amazing Mumford

First Post
Hey Starbuck, thanks for the link-- that clears up the polymorph and wild shape thing. What about lycanthropy? There's a description in the Monster Manual and there is also one in an FR book, I believe Races of Faerun-- which one is correct? And is it true that if you are a lycanthrope and your size changes, such as a wereshark going from human (medium) to hybrid (large) form, anything you wear is destroyed? Does this include clothing, magical rings, necklaces, etc.?

And does anyone know of a post or a link to errata for divine/deity stats converted to 3.5 from the 3.0 Dieties and Demigods and Faiths and Pantheons?

How about a post or link to a converted 3.5 City of the Spider Queen?

Starbuck_II

First Post
There's a description in the Monster Manual and there is also one in an FR book, I believe Races of Faerun-- which one is correct? And is it true that if you are a lycanthrope and your size changes, such as a wereshark going from human (medium) to hybrid (large) form, anything you wear is destroyed? Does this include clothing, magical rings, necklaces, etc.?

I can only answer what I know from the books: Lycantrophes, well magical gear resizes so only armor would break (Magical weapons and armor are the only magic items that won't resize) according to DMG (page 213).

But yes, non-magical clothing would break too (may want to buy a magic robe or something if Lycan I guess).

Last edited:

Jhaelen

First Post
I can only answer what I know from the books: Lycantrophes, well magical gear resizes so only armor would break (Magical weapons and armor are the only magic items that won't resize) according to DMG (page 213).

But yes, non-magical clothing would break too (may want to buy a magic robe or something if Lycan I guess).
Unfortunately, that has been made obsolete by the (polymorph) errata. Alternate Form now ends with the paragraph:
Any gear worn or carried by the creature that can’t be worn or carried in its new form instead falls to the ground in its space. If the creature changes size, any gear it wears or carries that can be worn or carried in its new form changes size to match the new size.

Thanael

Explorer
What about lycanthropy?
Here is the series of Savage Progression articles by Sean K Reynolds, which include the most common Lycanthropes. I found them quite enlightening.

Savage Progressions Archive

And does anyone know of a post or a link to errata for divine/deity stats converted to 3.5 from the 3.0 Dieties and Demigods and Faiths and Pantheons?

Dicefreaks has done a lot of work on Divine stats and rules. While the individual builds might not be to your liking (no outsider HD result in more flavourful but also more powerful builds), you can still use large part of their revised Deity rules, like the updates SDAs for example. Check out the following links:

Dicefreaks d20 Community View topic - Dicefreaks Deity Rules
Dicefreaks d20 Community View forum - Dicefreaks Deities

Google is your friend:
http://wizards.com/dnd/files/PGtF_WE_Monster_Update.zip
City of the Spider Queen Revisited: Creatures and NPCs Revised to 3.5 Standards [Archive] - Wizards Community
CotSQ revised notes (partially in German)
Another thread about http://www.enworld.org/forum/general-rpg-discussion/94275-city-spider-queen-3-5-a.html on ENWorld

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads