• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Where are you buying Mordenkainen's Magnificient Emporium?

Where are you purchasing Mordenkainen's Magnificient Emporium?

• FLGS all the way, baby!

Votes: 32 38.1%
  • Other hobby/comic brick and mortar store

Votes: 3 3.6%
  • Online retailer (incl. game stores, Ebay shops, game stores via Amazon marketplace, etc)

Votes: 18 21.4%
  • Other (wait for used, trade, Ebay, etc - explain in response)

Votes: 3 3.6%
  • Not buying it - if it isn't on Amazon or B&N, I won't get it

Votes: 7 8.3%
  • Not buying it - I lke 4E, but this doesn't interest me or don't have the money

Votes: 14 16.7%
  • What's the deal with blue cheese? Is it really fungus?

Votes: 7 8.3%

buddhafrog

First Post
I'm looking to buy, but it's hard living in Korea. I think I'll use ccgarmory for a total price of $35 with shipping.... still debating if it's worth it.

Holy Bovine

First Post
As there is no FLGS within 50 miles of me, I have no choice but to order online. If WotC doesn't want to support those of us that don't have an FLGS, I won't be supporting them. Voted not buying it if it isn't available online. Not to mention the prices you have to pay at brick and mortar. Just not worth it.

:erm:...what? Has WotC limited this book to brick & mortar stores only? That is a very unusual move for them.

I'm quite confused by what you mean here though - you won't support WotC but you'll buy the book online? You seem to want it available in a game shop close to you (or wish there was a shop close to you I suppose) but then go on to say those kinds of shops are not worth buying at. Huh?

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
To clarify (I could be wrong), MME is being released to brick & mortar stores in advance of its release via the major online-only outlets.

Bagpuss

Legend
I thought this one was B&M store only.

Maybe in the US, but it doesn't seem so in the UK.

For example I don't think Infinity Games UK has a B&M Store. Perhaps I'm mistaken.

Amazon UK are only stocking it through associated stores not themselves (note don't buy through Infinity Games Amazon store, buy through their own site, as it is cheaper). Saying that Amazon UK tends to always get stuff after the B&M stores in the UK, in my experience. They use to be early at one point, but haven't been for years.

Personally I rarely if ever buy from a B&M store, the nearest one to me is Manchester, a 40 minute drive so several quid in petrol, then parking charges will probably be another £5 or so. All told before I even pay the cover price I'll be out of pocket at least £10, when online stores are often at discounts of 10% to 15%, you would be need to have more money than sense to buy at a store.

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads