• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Where cani find Pulp adventures?

Albert_Fish

First Post
Hi, its been over 6 months since i last posted here so bear with me if i screwed anything up.

I am looking for either a site that has adventures, adventure seeds or other pulp roleplaying stuff (even pictures would be nice) or A Company that is selling pulp Roleplaying adventures (I already own Rolemaster's pulp book, Forbidden Kingdoms (d20), Gurps Pulp, and the Dungeon magazine Pulp, heck I even have Pulp Zombies (AFMBE)).

About the best i can do is Call of Cthulhu. Unfortunately those adventures ar not very "pulpy" in feel or substance , though the time period is enarly right.

Is there anything out there?

buzzard

First Post
We have been running a form of Living campaign based on he Pulp Adventures rules which came out in Dungeon some time ago. There are currently 5 or so adventures written for it, and more coming (especially if I get off by butt and get my latest one done).

You can look at the rules at:
www.pulp-adventures.com

buzzard

Voneth

First Post
Occasionaly, check out www.peginc.com

Their new game Savage Worlds is very pulp orientaited and two of the free demo adventures are very pulpish (The Eye of Kilquato! and Shades of Terror.) They also have a $5 pdf adventure, "On the Rocks" set in an alternate 1920s. http://www.rpgnow.com/product_info.php?products_id=2141&

My suggestion if you want to check out SW is to get somone to demo the full rules to you the "Test Drive" rules are little too sparse to get the real feel of the game.

On the flip side, don't forget that d20 Adventure! comes out this summer. It's looking up for pulp this year.

Last edited:

Voneth

First Post
Krieg said:
White Wolf/Sword & Sorcery. It is a D20 port of their storyteller game of the same name...

Adventure!

Good stuff and highly ironic that it gets a d20 port as well.

The other two game lines, Trinity and Aberrant, hardly regisitered on the radar.
:( But Adventure! became a cult favorite for its modifications on the Storyteller system.

So while the other two games might get a second life under d20 (from exposure to those who wouldn't use Storyteller system,) Adventure! needs to bring more to the table to snag the original A! fans.

Personally, I am hoping all three games bring some new things that d20 people will use in and out of the Trinity Universe game line.

Remove ads