• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

where do I find True Necromancer?

Corlon

First Post
I believe it's only in Libris Motris, or the older (and MUCH WORSE IMO) version can be found in Defenders of the Faith.

I don't believe it'll be on any site, and it's such a huge class, I don't ahve enough time to post it right now. :heh: sorry :heh:

Lasher Dragon

First Post
Thorncrest - alas I am home but my LM is at a buddy's place. If you are as interested in undead as you surely seem to be, buy LM - it is a MUST-HAVE for anyone wanting to dabble in the dark arts of necromancy.

Sir ThornCrest

First Post
Yah I bought it but its over the house where we game at, so all players can go by and look stuff up, we try not to take the books away-some players have left them at home several times and we have gone whole game nights without some core books.

Thorncrest

Lasher Dragon said:
Thorncrest - alas I am home but my LM is at a buddy's place. If you are as interested in undead as you surely seem to be, buy LM - it is a MUST-HAVE for anyone wanting to dabble in the dark arts of necromancy.

Sir ThornCrest

First Post
So I have a thought....my group is playing a evil campaign, and in this campaign I am a 10th Cerbramancer = casting as 7th level Wizard and manifesting powers as a 7th level Kenetisist.
Would it be worthwhile for me to or could I evel qualify for PaleMAster or True Nacromaster?

Thorncrest

Lasher Dragon said:
:D Exactly where my books are, as we are gaming tomorrow morning and I was there late last night tweaking my Pale Master

owlish

First Post
For True Necromancer you don't qualify;
For Pale Master, It depends...
Requirements:
Non-good alighnment
Knowledge religion 8 ranks
Skill focus [Knowledge religion]
Able to cast Vampiric Touch & Command undead as arcane spells
Special: The Candidate must spend three or more days locked in
a tomb with animate undead. The contact may be peacefull or violent.
The Character who is slain and later raised still meets the requirement,
Although the resulting level loss may delay complaince with the other
prerequisites

{page 48, Libris Mortis}

Eremite

Explorer
Sir ThornCrest said:
So I have a thought....my group is playing a evil campaign, and in this campaign I am a 10th Cerbramancer = casting as 7th level Wizard and manifesting powers as a 7th level Kenetisist.
Would it be worthwhile for me to or could I evel qualify for PaleMAster or True Nacromaster?

What synergies would you expect from a kineticist and any sort of class that is focussed on necromancy?

Rather than simply hearing the name of a new class and wondering whether or not it would suit your character, do you have any preferences for tactics that you might like to focus on if you were to take another prestige class?

Does your DM have any guidelines for source material?

Sir ThornCrest

First Post
We are in a evil campaign, I am playing a 10th level Cerebramancer, I also DM this campiagn every other month. My pc will commonly raise enemy dead to fight for him. Basically giving him a meat shield/or bone shield...plus the thought of your enemy having to strike at their former friends/brothers...thrills this evil sob of mine...To this pc undead are a strategic tool, ponds, loyal red shirts, distractions...so yes this pc would have an interest in pursueing maybe Pale master I will have to read it up first to see if I like the vibe of the class for this pc or not...

As far as answering your question on kineticist-thats the Psion half of my character and wouldnt have any bearing on the Pale prstg class, so Im not to sure I follow you? The Psion kineticist part of my pc makes him a walking arsenal however...

And finally to respond to your quasi insult...
"Rather than simply hearing the name of a new class and wondering whether or not it would suit your character"...
that wasnt necessary now was it? Making the assumption that others around you are less than capable leads me to believe that you wasted your time to respond to my inquery just to get a jab in and you are the one with the jumping in blind & too fast problem...Basically your post was mildly offensive & purposely done so.

Thorncrest

Eremite said:
What synergies would you expect from a kineticist and any sort of class that is focussed on necromancy?

Rather than simply hearing the name of a new class and wondering whether or not it would suit your character, do you have any preferences for tactics that you might like to focus on if you were to take another prestige class?

Does your DM have any guidelines for source material?

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads