• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Where do you meet to play?

Where do you meet to play?

• In the home of one of us

Votes: 65 69.1%
  • In the home of one of us but new groups/players we meet elsewhere first

Votes: 17 18.1%
  • In the home of one of us in a seperated room for gaming

Votes: 18 19.1%
  • In a clubhouse or other public place

Votes: 13 13.8%
  • In a clubhouse, library or other public place in a seperate room

Votes: 8 8.5%
  • Our play location keeps changing

Votes: 5 5.3%
  • We play in hotels/cabins on special weekends

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • I currently don't have a group

Votes: 2 2.1%

• Poll closed .

Siberys

Adventurer
We play at my home or at the FLGS; I like my house because of access to materials, but more often, recently, it's at the shop because I've started gaming with people who are either not very close friends or are wildly different from me in age, who I'd be uncomfortable letting into my home.

TKDB

First Post
It kind of varies from game to game and group to group. Some games I've done at somebody's house/apartment, some have been at restaurants, and some have been in common areas in our university's dorms.

Viking Bastard

Adventurer
We play in my living room (and I DM), since me and the misses are the only regular players who have one. The idea of doing it somewhere public didn't even occur to me.

It's pretty small (student family apartment), but we have great five seat corner couch and a two big hardy antique tables we put together for the game. The players sit on the couch and I sit on a desk chair. While not perfect, it's actually pretty nice and intimate.

The living room ("stofa" in Icelandic) has become the standard unit of room measurement in-game. "You enter a room; it's approximately two stofas. There is a door that leads to a smaller room, around half a stofa."

Crothian

First Post
Everyone in our group i a home owner so we always play at someone's house. One guy's house is most centric for everyone so that is where we have been gaming for the last 8 years.

needle75

First Post
For our Wednesday game we go to a friends house and flop into their huge couches. Playing Werewolf at the moment, often we spend more time laughing our behinds off.

Thursdays it's our house for D&D around the kitchen table. I'm DMing right now so I sit at the head of the table and lord it over the feeble mortals who dare to enter my realm!!!:devil:

The missus sits at the other end of the table and throws things at me.:branged:

Gilladian

Adventurer
For the past few years I've been running all the games. We have a dedicated spare room for games and crafts, and that is where all games I run occur.

Except I will start a new campaign at the game shop, or will meet new players there a time or two before inviting them home.

Since as "host" I feel my duties are fairly minimal (I provide water, ice, glasses and dishware, and ONE snack) that's never bothered me. Cleaning, sweeping, vaccuuming, etc... ahead of time is the worst chore!

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads