• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Where does Order of Bow Initiate and Deepwood Sniper come from?

RedSwan78

First Post
Title says it all, I'm wondering where I can find these 2 Prestige Classes..

I have a 3rd lvl Sorcerer that mainly focuses on using his LongBow, just want to see what my options are.. thanks all :)

Spatula

Explorer
Order Initiate -> Sword and Fist
Deepwood Sniper -> Masters of the Wild

Both require a bunch of ranged feats to qualify, so you'll probably have to take some Fighter levels first.

Apok

First Post
The Order of the Bow Initiate is fairly feat-intensive and requires Weapon Specialization, so you will need four levels of Fighter minimum to qualify. Deepwood Sniper is less so, but as a Sorc it's going to eat up about half of your feats unless you take a level or two of Fighter. It all depends on how much you want to dilute your spellcasting power, really.

Chun-tzu

First Post
You're probably better off sticking with a prestige class that advances your spellcasting ability. If you want one that combines fighting ability with spellcasting, then the Spellsword in Tome and Blood might be your best bet (even though it's more geared toward melee weapons than missile weapons).

Arcane Archer is not a bad choice, if you have some good spells to use with the Imbue Arrow ability. If you're not an Elf, your DM might let you take the class anyway, as it's hardly unbalancing to allow a non-elf to take it. The requirements are less feat/skill intensive than the Bow Initiate or the Deepwood Sniper, so you can eventually get it with mostly Sorcerer levels, but it won't improve your spellcasting ability at all.

Remove ads