Pathfinder 1E Where does Pathfinder go from here?

DaveMage

Slumbering in Tsar
That's the main issue I have with 3.5 and Pathfinder is that it's really tough on homebrewers. I have no desire to design my own world due to the complexities of creating NPCs. However, because of companies like Frog God Games, I have plenty of great adventures to run without needing to create anything.

That said, I still love the system overall. 5E has done some wonderful things, but it's too much of a simplification in some cases to be better for me.

qstor

Adventurer
If Pathfinder makes a change, I hope it is to simplify the GMing. I have been looking at Herolab's new Realmworks. They claim to eventually have software modules available. I think that would make it much easier to run a game, It would be so nice to just hover your cursor over a rule, spell, feat, etc, and get an answer. I prefer to get a good story out of a game, rather than spend time working out, or learning complicated game mechanics.

What would you like to see if Pathfinder does a revamp?

Maybe a expanded Beginners Box type like softback? For GMs and players?

I've GM'd a lot of Pathfinder and 3.5e. Personally it isn't an issue unless I create stuff on my own rather than use a published adventure. But then I just use the tables in the CRB or DMG to whip up an encounter. I have limited experience DMing 4e (just ran 2 Living Forgotten Realms adventures) and never had the computer programs to create NPCs or new monsters so I "gave it up" I don't know if there's any 3rd party programs for Pathfinder GMs but that might be a good idea to solve the issues that people have with GMing. But one of Paizos strengths is the Adventure Path line. That I think helps beginner GMs a lot with having all the material they need in the adventure besides one of the Besitarys.

Mike

Remove ads