• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Where is the Cheapest place to get minis?

Remathilis

Legend
I'm looking to round out my collection of large chromatic dragon mini's (black, blue, white; I have a red and a new green) but I don't want to pay an arm and a leg each for them.

Where is the cheapest place to acquire D&D Mini's on the net or in the Detroit Metropolitan area (for the locals)?

(and yes, I know about ebay. Pretty hit or miss, that one)

Thanks

EDIT: Bonus points if there is a place I can get common mini's in "bulk", like 10 skeletons or zombies, for example...

Last edited:

Zaukrie

New Publisher
Auggies has the best prices for stores, but if you check out Oryan77's posts and a few others in the marketplace threads on hordelings, maxminis and wotc's boards, you can usually find deals. But, chromatic dragons are about the most expensive minis you can choose....

Doc Eldritch

First Post
If you are willing to deal with counters instead of minis, the absolute cheapest is making them yourself.

Use TokenTool (free) to make the counter you want off of any picture you like, size it to what you want, then print it on a color printer on cardstock paper and cut it out. Presto, instant full colour counter of the right size. I have done this in the past for things I needed a slew of (like the "dump a handful of minis on the table: 'These are all the skeletons that spew out of the graveyard' " routine. :) ). It works pretty well, and is very cheap in comparison.

As for real minis in the Detroit area, I am unsure. I only recently discovered an actual game store nearby after moving back here about 2 years ago!

frankthedm

First Post
Printed tokens are alright if you don't have the cash for minis. I do up sheets of video game flavored counters as a hobby.

Counter sheets for the shady castle.

Claudio Pozas makes Professional Counters and has many samples. He did a reeally nice, and free, counter set for the shadowy castle, but I am having trouble finding that link ATM.

http://www.enworld.org/Pozas/fdp.html

Last edited:

Weregrognard

First Post
frankthedm said:
Printed tokens are alright if you don't have the cash for minis. I do up sheets of video game flavored counters as a hobby.

Oh no! You're turning D&D into a video game!!! J/K

Those are really nice. Where did you get the video game character pics?

Thanee

First Post
On a related note... wasn't there a site where you could see ALL the DDM miniatures from ALL sets (best with rarity)?

Considering to finally get some (only for RPG combats, of course), so I would obviously look for commons mostly with the occasional rare if it is really awesome. :)

Bye
Thanee

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads