• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Where is the GSL?

LeaderDesslok

First Post
Maybe I'm blind, but i can't find it anywhere at the Wizards site. It was supposed to be released today along with the core books, but if it was then it's been well hidden.

Has anyone located the GSL?

JohnRTroy

Adventurer
Been delayed until next week.

We are excited to announce that the Dungeons & Dragons 4th Edition Game System License will be released early next week.

The license with accompanying System Reference Document (SRD), Statement of Acceptance (AKA confirmation card), Compatibility Logo, and FAQ will be posted to http://www.wizards.com/d20 and will go live immediately upon publication. The license, logo, and acceptance form will be posted as downloadable files.

Anyone wishing to participate in the D&D 4E GSL will need to fill out a Statement of Acceptance and return it by mail to Wizards of the Coast.

First on-sale date for GSL compatible products is October 1, 2008.

We are also working on a new fan site policy, to be made public at a later date.

LeaderDesslok

First Post
Thanks for the info folks. It's great to see that after 6 months they still can't get the GSL ready for the release date.

/sarcasm

And I don't like the sound of that policy change for fan web sites. I still have memories of the great purge of the early to mid 90's by TSR. Optimistically I'm hoping it just says you can't post the rules from the core books, but you never know...

Scott_Rouse

Explorer
LeaderDesslok said:
Thanks for the info folks. It's great to see that after 6 months they still can't get the GSL ready for the release date.

/sarcasm

And I don't like the sound of that policy change for fan web sites. I still have memories of the great purge of the early to mid 90's by TSR. Optimistically I'm hoping it just says you can't post the rules from the core books, but you never know...

If we wanted to be a-holes on fan sites DMCA notices would be flying around like leaves in the wind already. Everyone loves to taking things back to T$R don't they? /rant

Last edited:

WhatGravitas

Explorer
LeaderDesslok said:
And I don't like the sound of that policy change for fan web sites.
That's not a change, there's starting to be a policy - and that's crucially important. Without the OGL, fan material has no safe haven any more, at least concerning 4E.

A policy that spells out what we can do protects us - I think it's pretty mindful and nice of WotC to think about this and the implications that the loss of the OGL for 4E has for us.

Cheers, LT.

Jack99

Adventurer
Saitou said:
Everyone, pack your bags. It's been a fun trip.

With all the copy/pasting from the illegal pdf's, I think WoTC would have reacted by now, if they were going to. I doubt we will see anything affecting ENworld negatively. No-one at WotC is that stupid.

LeaderDesslok

First Post
Scott_Rouse said:
If we wanted to be a-holes on fan sites DMCA notices would be flying around like leaves in the wind already. Everyone loves to taking things back to T$R don't they? /rant

Eesh, DMCA, another acronym I don't like.

Sorry Scott, but the wounds run deep. You should hear me rant about my ex-girlfriend, who bled my savings dry before leaving me deep in debt. But I'm not bitter. And I digress...

I'm certain WotC won't repeat that nightmare, but sometimes it's good to remind the young'ns of the bad old days. I'll get back in my rocker on the porch now and whittle a stick until the GSL comes out.

HEY YOU KIDS, GET OFF MY BATTLE MAT!

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads