• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Where o where has the DemiLich gone?

EvilPheemy

First Post
Oh where, oh where could it beeeeeeeeeee?

Does anyone know where the DemiLich ended up? (Note to WotC, I'd really appreciate some service where I could get the monsters I need without buying (and subsequently hauling around) a half-dozen books, something like ITunes for monsters.)

IMonster?

frankthedm

First Post
EvilPheemy said:
Oh where, oh where could it beeeeeeeeeee?

Does anyone know where the DemiLich ended up? (Note to WotC, I'd really appreciate some service where I could get the monsters I need without buying (and subsequently hauling around) a half-dozen books, something like ITunes for monsters.)

IMonster?
d20srd.org has most MM monsters.

Some companies offer PDFs of thier monster books for sale.

Some websites offer PDF's of other companies monster books too. ;)

Delta

First Post
I'll just grouse a little bit and point out that by Epic-izing the demilich (like some other 3E monsters), they made it too powerful and unusable in conversions where it used to appear. When WOTC released an online Tomb of Horrors revision last year (where the demilich was originally invented), they couldn't actually use the 3E demilich, they had to instead make it a unique construct-thing in that adventure.

frankthedm

First Post
Delta said:
I'll just grouse a little bit and point out that by Epic-izing the demilich (like some other 3E monsters), they made it too powerful and unusable in conversions where it used to appear. When WOTC released an online Tomb of Horrors revision last year (where the demilich was originally invented), they couldn't actually use the 3E demilich, they had to instead make it a unique construct-thing in that adventure.
Creature cataloge / Tome of horrors has a CR15 version.

http://www.enworld.org/cc/converted/view_c.php?CreatureID=592

pawsplay

Hero
Delta said:

To be fair, the original demlich was an absolute terror to encounter. It should be an epic monster, it's just that something happened to the specific version they come up with. If I were writing the ELH, I would have made a CR 18 demilich with advancement options.

Someone

Adventurer
IIRC the epic demilich only had Su abilities and spells - that included movement. If caught it in an Antimagic field you could pick it up and use it as a maraca.

Delta

First Post
pawsplay said:
To be fair, the original demlich was an absolute terror to encounter. It should be an epic monster, it's just that something happened to the specific version they come up with.

Can't say as I understand what you mean there. Clearly the d20 System version is out of sync with the original in S1.

Remove ads