Where, oh where, has SaiZai gone? Oh wait, there he is.

Aahz

First Post
I just took a pop over to SaiZai's website to see how things are going on his PalmOS Character Program and I'm unable to get there. Has SaiZai fallen off the face of the net? Is his PalmOS project abandoned? Does this mean I don't get my Free Copy of his Software?

So many questions... so few answers.

Sincerely,
Christopher J. Bono

EDIT: DOH, network failure... his site must have been up the whole time. Oh well... guess I should'nt jump to conclusions. ;)

Last edited:

SaiZai

First Post
PS is, as usual, correct.

The short summary is that I am now "nomadic". The long summary is on the SaiTech BB; the details are in my personal LiveJournal. The unfortunate fact is that the bohemian lifestyle (such as it is) is not very conducive to productivity.

I haven't updated my website, or code, in way too long, and I know that. I haven't monitored these forums at all; Max told me of this thread. (Had to re-register... when did ENW switch their forum host?)

So... what does this mean to my "fanbase" (whose existence I still find doubtful)?

As soon as I *can* continue, and finish PF, I will. That's really the best I can promise. Aahz, you'll get your free copy when I have it to give to you.

I think I've established a reputation for always being frank and forthright; that is how I'm trying to respond to this.

I have considered "turning over" the project to someone else - or, perhaps, to the General Public in some sort of copyleft.

However:
1. Nobody has volunteered to take it personally
2. I have problems with opensourcing it - in summary, a) making money [hey, I *do* need it... gas and food, y'know...] and b) ensuring that my competition does not benefit from my work.

I worked on PF / SaiD3U / [you-know-what] for over a year, off and on. When I left off, it only had a few weeks' worth of coding to finish it... but alas, that comes with the clause of my being fully functional, something I have not been for a long time.

On another note, although my public/work persona has gone into hibernation, my private persona is still wired. If you want, you're always welcome to contact me directly. (That would be more likely to reach me, btw, than posting here, as I no longer monitor these forums regularly.)

I hope that helps answer your questions.

Sincerely, as always,
SaiZai

Remove ads