• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Where Should I Post This?

Kelleris

Explorer
I'm looking into publishing some work I've done for my home campaign through EN Publishing, but I'd like to get a sense of how the populace around here feels about the topic and my general take on it first (it's fairly esoteric). My question is, where is it appropriate to post a thread like this? Would it be acceptable for me to start a "would you buy this?" thread in General, or should I put it in d20 Modern, d20 System & OGL Games or House Rules instead?

Don't want to get on anyone's nerves with (what looks like) shameless self-promotion. :)

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
That’s usually viewed as bad form and I wouldn’t do it… You’ll get more views/replies in general but it also moves quickly and might get bumped back a few pages and then its as good as dead. While in House Rules you would probably get the same amount of replies, though I would suspect they might be a bit better quality than the replies in general, but it will probably take longer for them to come. It will also stay up front and in view far longer in House Rules.

Kelleris

Explorer
Hrm. Perhaps I was over-hasty assuming General would be the best place for it. I thought it would be bad form to double-post, but would a short post in House Rules linking to the General one be okay? Or trying again if the original thread gets swallowed into the abyss of General quickly?

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
Kelleris said:
Hrm. Perhaps I was over-hasty assuming General would be the best place for it.

That's a very typical assumption no biggie. :)

Kelleris said:
I thought it would be bad form to double-post, but would a short post in House Rules linking to the General one be okay? Or trying again if the original thread gets swallowed into the abyss of General quickly?

I would wait to see what you get and then ask for a moderator to move it to house rules when it slows/dies off. You never know, it might be one of those posts that just take off.

Remove ads