• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Where to find info on gith?

AbeTheGnome

First Post
The only place I've found good info on the githyanki is in the XPH. I'm looking for something a little more comprehensive, like the entries that races get in the "Races of..." books. Anyone know where I can find info of this depth?

TheYeti1775

Adventurer
Try the Complete Psionic and the Expanded Psionic Handbook. I know in the Complete Psionic they have Racial classes for them in the back as well as some specific feats and all.
And I know the Expanded had other racial information on them as well, but I don't have a copy of that book with me right now.

Yeti

Bacris

First Post
You're looking for info that doesn't exist in 3.x. Complete Psionic really didn't have anything for the races. The Racial Classes were just progression charts for the races with LAs.

Best bet is to look at 2nd Edition material.

Shemeska

Adventurer
2e 'Guide to the Astral' (githyanki)
2e Planescape Monstrous Compendium I ('yanki and 'zerai)
2e 'Planes of Chaos' (githzerai)

3.x 'Planar Handbook' had a subsection covering Tunarath (githyanki)

And Dungeon magazine's relatively recent series of 'Incursion' modules had a nice bit of detail on the githyanki and their capital city of Tunarath.

sjmiller

Explorer
The 3.0 book The Manual of the Planes has a section on them. At least there is an entry for them in the creatures/new stuff section.

Clueless

Webmonkey
the Rrakkma section on Planewalker* then may be helpful. Also - hit up the Rrakkma section of the Planewalker forums and I'm sure you'll get some answers (researched canon, and made up stuff) tossed out as well.

*Pardon the lack of recent updates for that section, our manager for it got 'ate' by real life. ;)

Remove ads