• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Where to find misc game table props?

Thraug

First Post
Any suggestions on where to buy the following miscellaneous 3d fantasy table props scaled for 1" squares (5' of world space; D&D 4e scale)? Preferably painted, not paper, and not too expensive. Toys are fine. I'm looking for items such as:

• Tables
  • Chairs
  • Barrels
  • Beds
  • Bookcases
  • Cabinets/Shelving/Dressers
  • Coat racks
  • Carts / Buggies
  • Sacks/Urns
  • Fireplace
  • Counters
  • Bushes
  • Rocks
  • Plants/Shrubs
  • Trees
  • Wells
  • etc.....

I'm aware of the Dwarven Forge offerings, but they are pricey for the quantity I'd like.

Obryn

Hero
Hmmm, for other props and markers I usually recommend looking around Hobby Lobby to see what you can find. :)

I have no idea for miniature chairs that small. I mean, dollhouse furniture is way too big for this scale. Stuff for model trains, maybe?

-O

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
You might have some luck looking in toy stores for cheap dollhouse furniture, or model railroad dressings - especially for the greenery. A model railroad tree may make a good shrub for a battle map.

Oryan77

Adventurer
Search stores and the internet for Aquarium decorations. I bought a ton of Aquarium plastic trees on ebay recently. Got a bunch of cool palm trees and plastic plants that will work for jungle plants. I also ordered an Aquarium grass mat that looked like I would be able to cut up and use as tall grass. It's shipping from China and I haven't gotten it yet though:
Fish Reptile Aquarium Garden Plastic Grass Mat x5 PP005 - eBay (item 250485721463 end time Oct-19-09 11:00:05 PDT)

I also got some nice barrels on Ebay, but I had to paint them myself (which was easy).

And there's a guy on Ebay that sells really nice looking (painted) crates and chests:

eBay Store - War Torn Worlds: Warhammer, Terrain, wargaming

I bought a bunch from him and they are great.

1Mac

First Post
Gaa, auto-logout.

I suggest checking out any hobby shop with a decent selection for model trains. Trees, bushes, rocks, and other scenery items will be easy to find. Woodland Scenics is a brand familiar to model railroaders and wargamers alike.

The other items are a little trickier. S scale (1:64) is closest to what you want, but it is next to impossible to find anything in S. HO (1:87) is the most common, but you may decide it's too small.

Some possibilities

Well

Furniture

Tables and chairs

Barrels and crates

Tombstones

More barrels, glass bottles

Sacks

Carts

Misc rural details

Walthers is the principle wholesaler/cartel for all things model railroading. You might be able to find this stuff cheaper in other online stores.

Janx

Hero
The old MageKnight game had a side-product called MK Dungeons. They had released 2 packs of props for the game. They are probably pretty cheap now, since the game is out of print, and I end up seeing them on shelves in various shops.

Rykion

Explorer
Arts and crafts stores. A good store should have model railroad, doll house, miniature/curio, toys, and plastic model items that can be of use.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads