• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Where to purchase and download older games?

andargor

Rule Lawyer Groupie
Supporter
Okay, I'm a bit behind the curve on this one, but I've tried the original Ghost Recon and I liked it. Outdated graphics and all.

So, I want to play the expansions. I go to 3 game stores in my neighborhood, and nada, zip, zilch. Too old, they say, even the "Gold" and "Collector's" editions are gone.

So I turn to the net, and I try to find a place where I can purchase and download the expansions. I head to direct2drive.com, and they only have the base game, not the expansions.

So, I am scratching my head. Where can I get the expansions? I definitely don't want it delivered via FedEx or others, I want to download it.

And before some of you naughty boys suggest it, yes, I know there are "alternate" ways of getting them... But I have good money, and I want to use it! ;)

Mycanid

First Post
I seem to remember looking for old games that are available for free now (yes, legally) some years back and trying a google search for the 1st of the Elder Scrolls series. It took me to a couple of sites that collected these old games, and I seem to remember there being links to games that were NOT for free that you had to purchase or some such. That might be a starting place.

Lessee ... Here are a few links that might help begin things:

http://liberatedgames.org/

http://www.dosgames.com/

Lockridge

First Post
I hope your online right now.
I just did an ebay search and found a copy of Ghost Recon Gold edition with two expansion on sale for around $6. The auction ends in 10 minutes and there are no other bidders.
If you're too late there may be another copy on sale or you can contact the seller and ask that they relist it.
Always check ebay.

Sorry - I missed the fact that you didn't want it physically delivered. I will not erase the above just in case you get desperate.

Last edited:

silvermane

Explorer
It took me to a couple of sites that collected these old games

Most of these "old games" are pre-2000 DOS titles. Whether any newer are regularly uploaded to abandonware sites I do not know (except maybe Quake), but the sheer sizes makes the line between abandonware and warez thin.

TheYeti1775

Adventurer
Let me check when I get home, think I still have copies of those games in my old game drawer. Perhaps we can work a trade out. And yes they are Originals. :cool:

andargor

Rule Lawyer Groupie
Supporter
Thanks for the replies. Looks like there's no easy solution...

Yeti, if I wish to download them, the only solution would be for you to rip them, and that's on the shady side... ;)

TheYeti1775

Adventurer
andargor said:
Thanks for the replies. Looks like there's no easy solution...

Yeti, if I wish to download them, the only solution would be for you to rip them, and that's on the shady side... ;)
Wasn't talking download, I don't play them anymore.

TheYeti1775

Adventurer
Here's the ones I found in my drawer so far, haven't checked he big bin of stuff in the utility room.

Rainbow Six 3 Athena Sword
Rainbow Six 3 Raven Shield
Rainbow Six
Ranbow Six Covert Ops - Essentials

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads