• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Where to sell some of my games?

Thyrkill

Explorer
I wanted to let go of some of my gaming collection but didn't know where to post. Do I post it in General? Do I even post it on Enworld or is there a more appropriate site for sales (other than eBay)?

Thanks for your help.

Matt

Stumblewyk

Adventurer
Try Noble Knight. They give a pretty generous amount of cash or credit (depending on the quality, rarity, and condition of your stuff), have a good sized inventory of new and older (and out-of-print) stuff to buy with your credit (if you go that route), and have other gaming aids like minis and dice as well.

Weregrognard

First Post
This is relevant to my interests.

I'm moving and I've come to the sad realization that I've gravitated more to the "collector" than "gamer" end of the spectrum so I'm (reluctantly) engaging in a massive book purge.

Stumblewyk, others, what have been your experiences w/ Noble Knight?

Stumblewyk

Adventurer
Stumblewyk, others, what have been your experiences w/ Noble Knight?
I sold off my 3.5 and 2e stuff to them and honestly got more credit than I knew what to do with. I bought some 4e stuff, some Pathfinder stuff, a bunch of dice I didn't need, and a couple of minis.

All I had to do was provide the titles and an estimate of the condition of my stuff, and they gave me an estimated amount of credit they'd give me. Once I signed off on the estimated credit, they sent me the FedEx tags, and I just boxed my stuff up and dropped it off at a nearby FedEx/Kinkos, and about a week or so later I had $150+ in credit sitting in my account at the website. I could have opted for them to cut me a check, but I was more interested in unloading the gaming stuff I wasn't using for stuff I would.

I honestly have zero complaints. It was a painless process for me, and I got more value than I would have expected had I walked into a FLGS or used book store. I also have a good friend who I trust well who deal with Noble Knight a lot, selling and buying. He's got nothing but good things to say about them.

Thyrkill

Explorer
Thanks for the helpful info Stumblewyk. I will look into Noble Knights. I was hoping to sell directly to someone but since the Trading/Selling forum no longer exists I didn't know where to post my stuff.

Thanks,
Matt

Stumblewyk

Adventurer
I was hoping to sell directly to someone but since the Trading/Selling forum no longer exists I didn't know where to post my stuff.
Well, on that front, last summer I came into possession of multiple copies of the RPGA Tomb of Horrors module. I just posted in the general 4e forum about being interested in working out trades for minis and other modules, and I managed to work out 3 trades that way. No one seemed nonplussed, and it went really smoothly. Since then, I've seen a few different people just post in the General RPG Discussion forum, or the Miscellaneous forum to sell/trade off their stuff. Just post it where you feel it's most appropriate.

Ghost2020

Adventurer
I would also suggest rpg.net, they have a classified section in their forums. If you have a paypal accoun, you'd be good to go.

I sold some 4e stuff here earlier this year or last year. I would never do it again. Some seemed outright miffed that I was selling my stuff here. Not sure if it's just that I was selling 4e or that people didn't care for it. It wasn't overly friendly, so yeah, I would pass on that option.

I've dealt with Noble Knight too, great service.

Holy Bovine

First Post
Thanks for the helpful info Stumblewyk. I will look into Noble Knights. I was hoping to sell directly to someone but since the Trading/Selling forum no longer exists I didn't know where to post my stuff.

Thanks,
Matt

Post it here first! Set a price and make the buyer pay shipping and you most likely get more from ENWorlders than Noble Knight. If you can, take multiple bids but have a definite end time after which no bids are accepted.

Remove ads