• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Where would you put it?

bestone

First Post
Im just wondering, lets say you all are high level mages *capable of 9th level spells* and you decide to go lich, what would you use as your phylacetry (sp?) and where would you hide it?

Dross

Explorer
Without much thought to this.

An expensive looking piece of cutlery/writting implement/ etc that looses its value considerably if you break it up.

Hide it in plain site in the appropriate place for something of its type.

hong

WotC's bitch
"The way he saw it, this phylactery was your birthright. And there was no way he was letting some dumb adventurers get their greasy hands on your birthright. So he hid it in the one place he knew they'd never look."

javcs

First Post
I would wait for epic, and create myself a living vault, install phylactery within.

Alternatively, create an advanced golem with a phylactery within, [nicking idea] then cast imprisonment on golem [/nicking idea]. This way, even if some enemy manages to release it, they've got a golem to deal with.

Have an artificial eye as your phylactery.
Have your phylactery surgically implanted in a body cavity, disguised as an artificial organ from when you were alive or as part of one of your bones - who's really going to dig through a recently re-deceased lich looking for a phylactery and smashing everything just to be certain.

hong said:
"The way he saw it, this phylactery was your birthright. And there was no way he was letting some dumb adventurers get their greasy hands on your birthright. So he hid it in the one place he knew they'd never look."

Ok hong, I give up, where's the quote from?

Olaf the Stout

hanniball

First Post
hong said:
So he hid it in the one place he knew they'd never look.

Hmm, oh, I know...in Time! I'd go back in time utilizing Teleport Through Time and hide it somewhere in the past. Plane Shifting to the far realms, Gating in a Pit Fiend and Imprisoning him with the phylactery should suffice.

Either way...just my 2 cp

Goolpsy

First Post
In the epic level handbook, they suggest a spell which anme i can't recall on top of my head. It lets you create you own "dimension".. "Plane" or whatever...

I'd say it's a pretty good place to hide it...

Moon-Lancer

First Post
I would make one that is also a holy avenger, that way if their was a paladin in the group, they might let the greed of the weapons power prevent them from destroying the phylactery (if they ever found out that is). The idea is that the goodness of the weapon will overshadow the evil in the phylactery.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads