• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Where you live: Gamer Paradise or Gamer Wasteland?

sumradagnoth

First Post
4everdm said:
Been playing since 1st ed throu 3.5, and yes that many years :) In So FL as well, Miami Area; relocated a few years back & never found a group to game with. email me if interested. Thanks
hey,
also in S. Fla (hollywood)
already emailed dumbdiety. lets see if we can get something started
email me @ sumradagnoth@yahoo.com

morbiczer

First Post
Complete gamer's wasteland where I live. It really couldn't get any worse.

(Well, it could, the only FLGS worth even mentioning could close up.)

Scotley

Hero
Memphis isn't bad. There are a couple of good stores in terms of product. One is also comics, one toys and the other also has scrapbooking supplies, but the two I frequent both carry a pretty good range of product--all the major d20 companies and a few other systems as well. Lots of books stores carry the basics as well. Unfortunately, the only store with a dedicated gaming area went under a couple years ago. There is a regular annual con and somebody tries to get a second one going every couple of years. There are other cons in a 3 to 4 hour radius as well. RL concerns keep me to one long standing group, but in the past it hasn't been that hard to find new players. I would say that there is a lack of networking support since Gamemasters went under. That's where the local RPGA did their thing and where people posted for games. Its not uncommon to overhear people talking gaming--oddly enough I was also in Japanese steak house last time I overheard some gamers. There are several colleges here, which I expect keeps a regular flow of gamers coming in. I'm an oldster and don't usually hang with that crowd.

Scotley

Prothall

First Post
*ker-bump*

... I'm getting terribly bumpy lately. It's quite depressing. Anyone else have similar luck with B. Dalton?

William Ronald

Explorer
Chicago and its suburbs: A Gamer Paradise.

First, there are many gamers in our metropolitan area --- and frequent EN World Game Days. We also have several great stores, among them Games Plus and the Gamer's Paradise chain, and several more besides.

So, gaming is alive and well in the Windy City!!!

Remove ads