• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Where'd Everybody Go?

Zappo

Explorer
Impeesa said:
You know what this means, of course. It's time to start running a solo campaign just for the one player. Heavy roleplaying, with romantic overtones. Lots of acting out the interesting scenes.
With, ah, LARPing? :eek: ;)

MerricB

Eternal Optimist
Supporter
I hate it when my groups fall apart. People move away, get jobs, get married... whatever.

It's always frustrating, especially if you're the DM and you're in the middle of a great campaign. So, TWK, you definitely have my sympathy.

###

The worst time a group fell apart for me was when I moved to Ballarat, and they didn't follow me! Can you imagine? :D

Thankfully, the group I moved away from had plenty of players - too many, in fact, so I didn't kill it with my disappearance. (At least, I hope not!) Mind you, that was the beginning of a 5-year exile from RPGs for me. :(

Cheers!

Kweezil

Caffeinated Reprobate
:( I know how you feel, having been through my own share of groups falling apart. Right now, my current group (who I've gamed with for about 3 years now) feels like its going into slow collapse. One player is busy with new SO, who he's brought to the game but is more of a distraction than anything else, another has missed 3 out of the 4 weeks of the campaign for one reason or another (all good reasons, but still), and a third doesn't seem to have his heart in it, and we're half-expecting him to not show next session. Leaving 2 players... yay :/

That's life, but it's hell on a DM's self esteem.

Remove ads